Theme Park

Urban exploration in Missouri
337humphrey
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Theme Park

Post by 337humphrey »

I was an employee at Camelot. It was supposed to be a year round Renaissance/Christmas themed park. Their plan was to be a Renaissance Festival during most of the year and switch over to an "Oliver" themed production during the holiday season. My part for that season was supposed to be Bill Sykes but, it never got that far. Originally, they had contacted and hired some of the very best talent from all over the US and many new cast members sold their homes and moved to Blue Eye and the surrounding areas. I got my job At Camelot by creating the image I provided. It's their logo I carved and then hung on the site managers building. I worked in the sign painting/prop department up until the time we opened a bit early. The other pic is my character, Stik the Notabegger. Just a very short time after we opened, the management got the entire cast together at the local grade school and told everyone "sorry, we are out of money and have to shut down, everybody go home. I would learn later that the business was mismanaged in such a way that I believe was criminal. I never received my last check and management all but disappeared. I keep looking back from time to time to see if there is new information about it. That's how I found this stream on UO and thought you might like to hear the straight poop on it.
Stik
Stik
STIK.jpg (113.54 KiB) Viewed 590 times
Camelot Sign
Camelot Sign
CAMELOT.jpg (94.78 KiB) Viewed 590 times
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

337humphrey wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:54 pm I was an employee at Camelot. It was supposed to be a year round Renaissance/Christmas themed park. Their plan was to be a Renaissance Festival during most of the year and switch over to an "Oliver" themed production during the holiday season. My part for that season was supposed to be Bill Sykes but, it never got that far. Originally, they had contacted and hired some of the very best talent from all over the US and many new cast members sold their homes and moved to Blue Eye and the surrounding areas. I got my job At Camelot by creating the image I provided. It's their logo I carved and then hung on the site managers building. I worked in the sign painting/prop department up until the time we opened a bit early. The other pic is my character, Stik the Notabegger. Just a very short time after we opened, the management got the entire cast together at the local grade school and told everyone "sorry, we are out of money and have to shut down, everybody go home. I would learn later that the business was mismanaged in such a way that I believe was criminal. I never received my last check and management all but disappeared. I keep looking back from time to time to see if there is new information about it. That's how I found this stream on UO and thought you might like to hear the straight poop on it. STIK.jpgCAMELOT.jpg
Always cool to hear first hand accounts of these places. Got any more photos, etc?
Curious Kansan
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Curious Kansan »

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebration_City

This is 20 years late (wow!!) but I am pretty sure you are thinking of Celebration City. The faint memories of this theme park haunted my brain for years until I did a little digging. Hope this helps!!