House on mars hill road

Urban exploration in Missouri
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

House on mars hill road

Post by piplnr65656 »

I drove all the way out to the house to get a picture of the big indoor waterfall and the shag carpet but after being abandoned for 20 years someone moved into it :evil: Last time i was there there was a cow standing in the living room and now someone is restoring it.
Attachments
Picture 123a.jpg
Picture 123a.jpg (94.86 KiB) Viewed 6946 times
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

RE: House on mars hill road

Post by BROUSER »

There is a "house" out where the Finley meets the James, whatever that housing development is, that started construction and then ran out of money. Roof is on, sheating in place, windows. Maybe 3000 sq feet? I was framing a house out there three years ago, and it had been sitting a year then. I drove out by there last week, and it's still sitting in the same deteriorating condition.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
mjames
Prodigal Son Returns
Prodigal Son Returns

Post by mjames »

Last time i was there there was a cow standing in the living room and now someone is restoring it.

Hey, if i could buy a house with a waterfall and shag carpet I would.
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: House on mars hill road

Post by piplnr65656 »

BROUSER wrote:There is a "house" out where the Finley meets the James, whatever that housing development is, that started construction and then ran out of money. Roof is on, sheating in place, windows. Maybe 3000 sq feet? I was framing a house out there three years ago, and it had been sitting a year then. I drove out by there last week, and it's still sitting in the same deteriorating condition.

Could it posibly be River Fork ranch? I know the house because the one on the left before you get to the half built one was for sale and we almost bought it but we didnt because my wife did not like the idea of living next to a half built abandond house.
ShadowBearer
Stubbles
Stubbles

Post by ShadowBearer »

Is that down the road that leads to monet if you are heading out from galena area?
Grey
Drunk #3
Drunk #3

Post by Grey »

I am thinking yes Shadowbearer...I don't recall many Mars Hills in the area, and we also always joked about it remember.
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: House on mars hill road

Post by piplnr65656 »

ShadowBearer wrote:Is that down the road that leads to monet if you are heading out from galena area?
Yes in a round about way. It is between crane and revisville
ShadowBearer
Stubbles
Stubbles

Post by ShadowBearer »

Gotcha. I use to drive past that on the way to Judo. I remember late one night I Was coming home and the whole road was on fire.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Yeah, dude. I drove past that house like a bazillion freaking times when I was younger. I haven't been by it in years, but that's the first time I've ever seen it with the grass mowed. They've already done a lot of renovation on it. You used to be able to see some of the inside of the house from the road, and it was all burnt out.
ShadowBearer
Stubbles
Stubbles

Post by ShadowBearer »

I thought it was a new house and was always like "Who the fuck builds something that big with out a front door?"