Mount Vernon, MO TB Sanitarium

Urban exploration in Missouri
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Mount Vernon, MO TB Sanitarium

Post by BROUSER »

There was a sanitarium for tuberculosis patients in Mount Vernon, MO. I understand the old building was incorporated into the present hospital. 1) If there is such a thing as ghosts, then that place has to be haunted. 2) That would be one old building, with all the interesting features that old buildings have. I've never been to it, but I had two g-grandmothers that were there at the same time. Was wondering if anyone had any additional information. Willard? Willard? Looking for a website or reference book.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

RE: Mount Vernon, MO TB Sanitarium

Post by Sertile »

What exactly goes into making a ghost? I mean, people die everywhere. If death were all it took the world would be lousy with ghosts. There has to be more to it than that.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

Ghosts are everywhere, dude. Just this morning I saw one digging around in my underwear drawer. I was like "What are you doing?" and he was like "nothing." and I was like "whatever." So then I hit him with a brick.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Re: RE: Mount Vernon, MO TB Sanitarium

Post by tyler »

Sertile wrote:What exactly goes into making a ghost? I mean, people die everywhere. If death were all it took the world would be lousy with ghosts. There has to be more to it than that.
The difference is, a ghost that we can see is someone (something?) that hasn't been able to leave the physical behind. I don't know why. I don't even profess to believe in it. But that's what I hear.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

If I ever see a ghost, I guess I will believe in it. I even already have a preferred theory to explain a ghost. Psychic resonations of an emotionally charged event. I don't necessarily believe they are lost souls that haven't moved on (never seen a soul, either). But the TB hospital would be a place I would think you would have that sort of thing, although as I do more research, maybe not. People were sent there to recover, and I guess it wasn't that bad a place. Hell, one of my g-grandmothers had 11 kids she left at home when she was staying there. She probably wanted to stay even after she got better.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
DeeDee
Mrs. Willard
Mrs. Willard

Post by DeeDee »

A place can sometimes have an imprint from the past on in it. Or with ghosts/spirits they could have just loved the place they are haunting or have something that are needing to finsh or maybe they just dont relize they are dead. Just things i have heard and thoughts of my own. There are many many reasons why.
It's your mom and I helped!!!!
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

I'm sure that haunting-type phenomena does occur, and I won't claim to have a scientific explanation for it, but it makes more sense to me that it would be something electromagnetic, rather than psychic, in nature. Whatever the cause, I don't believe the souls of the dead roam the earth.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
mechfreak57
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by mechfreak57 »

i was listening to coast to coast am w/ art bell, a very weird radio show, and he said that ghosts and spirits remain here on earth if their death was maybe violent, or sudden or something like that if they still have buisness or a lover here or some shit like that.
The objective of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other sorry bastard die for his.
-Gen. Patton
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

mechfreak57 wrote:i was listening to coast to coast am w/ art bell, a very weird radio show, and he said that ghosts and spirits remain here on earth if their death was maybe violent, or sudden or something like that if they still have buisness or a lover here or some shit like that.
I think he's loony tunes...
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
mechfreak57
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by mechfreak57 »

i think its quite amusing to listen, usually only crazy crackpots are up that late, so only they call in and its hillarious to listen to the crazy people!
The objective of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other sorry bastard die for his.
-Gen. Patton
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by piplnr65656 »

Sertile wrote:I'm sure that haunting-type phenomena does occur, and I won't claim to have a scientific explanation for it, but it makes more sense to me that it would be something electromagnetic, rather than psychic, in nature. Whatever the cause, I don't believe the souls of the dead roam the earth.
I was reading an artical the other day and they said that they think that sometimes a event in history causes some kind of electromagnetic hiccup that keeps playing again and again.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

Ahh, Coast-to-Coast Am, the entertainment mainstay of third watch! I love that show- you never know who the hell they'll be interviewing or what crazy shit they will discuss. Sometimes you'll get a futurist, other times a dirty hippy. The content can range from "Entertainingly retarded" to "Holy Shit!". It is awesome.
mechfreak57
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by mechfreak57 »

gimpface wrote:Ahh, Coast-to-Coast Am, the entertainment mainstay of third watch! I love that show- you never know who the hell they'll be interviewing or what crazy shit they will discuss. Sometimes you'll get a futurist, other times a dirty hippy. The content can range from "Entertainingly retarded" to "Holy Shit!". It is awesome.
if u have been listening, have you heard this guy called "J.C."? if you have heard him on the show the only thing you can think is "Waco".
-Gen. Patton
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

No, unfortunately I am no longer on 3rd watch, and I have to drag-ass out of bed at the butt-crack of dawn to get to work and/or school. So no Coast-to Coast for me. :cry:
mjames
Prodigal Son Returns
Prodigal Son Returns

Post by mjames »

I listen to Coast-to-Coast, then get to bed for my 2-4 hours of sleep. I love that show, just for all the random misinformation you can get from it.