Halloween Season Spooklight Trip??

All meetups, whether UE or non-UE, should be posted in this forum
Druakara
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Halloween Season Spooklight Trip??

Post by Druakara »

Anyone interested in a trip to the Joplin/Hornet spooklight? I went last weekend - and managed to see it again (twice now.)

It had been a few years since I went - before the road was paved. Unfortunately for non-morons the newly paved road is now covered in graffiti. I intend on going out sometime soon during the day and taking some pictures of it. I am rather disappointed in it's popularity - only due to this kind of crap.

Anyway - I'm free most weekends (this Saturday being an exception to that rule - traveling with some friends to KC spookhouses, but I should be back in town by 11:30 PM - and between 1 and 3 AM are the best times (for me, so far) to actually see the light.
Rejoice for very bad things are about to happen. - Richard
Curor
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Halloween Season Spooklight Trip??

Post by Curor »

I have been wanting to see the spooklight for probably two years now, you can count me in.

Quick question though, are there any known side effects of having touched the spooklight?
Everyone else who lets me ride on their dinosaur calls me Carlos.
Druakara
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Druakara »

Rumor wise - it's supposed to bring luck. As for ill effects, I haven't heard of any (aside from multiple returns to the spooklight, but normally that occurs after you see it the first time.)

We'll work out a time/date to go for a visit. We'll give it a few days and see who all responds, then work out a time all/most can participate.
Rejoice for very bad things are about to happen. - Richard
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Re: Halloween Season Spooklight Trip??

Post by cobcob »

Sterility
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

cobcob wrote:Sertility
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Post by cobcob »

Sertile wrote:insertility
[/quote]
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
Curor
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Curor »

cobcob wrote:Sterility
Woot, never wanted kids anyway.
Everyone else who lets me ride on their dinosaur calls me Carlos.
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Post by slow_walker »

In my experience, as busy as spooklight road is on normal days it absolutely explodes around halloween. I've tried it a couple of times and there are dozens of carloads of drunk, screaming, moronic teenagers that party there all night long throughout October. Also, a few years ago there was an area church running hayrides up and down the road for Halloween. All the lights, noise and excitement isn't normally the ideal conditions for seeing the spooklight. During these times I've been unsuccessful - even between 1:00 - 3:00 am.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

slow_walker wrote:In my experience, as busy as spooklight road is on normal days it absolutely explodes around halloween. I've tried it a couple of times and there are dozens of carloads of drunk, screaming, moronic teenagers that party there all night long throughout October. Also, a few years ago there was an area church running hayrides up and down the road for Halloween. All the lights, noise and excitement isn't normally the ideal conditions for seeing the spooklight. During these times I've been unsuccessful - even between 1:00 - 3:00 am.
That makes me want to go even more! I've been 2-3 times already but never managed to see anything. At least I know there'll be a party going on if nothing else.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

when?
Kit wrote:I am old
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

I tried to get a girl to make out with me once while we were parked on Spooklight Rd. Notice I said "tried."
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Sertile wrote:I tried to get a girl to make out with me once while we were parked on Spooklight Rd. Notice I said "tried."
Someone needs game.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

I don't know that I'd be able to go, but I would try.
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

Post by Underdog »

Yeah, I went out there like two years ago with WR, Willard and some others but all we saw were some white trash. I'd be up for doing it again if we're were actually going to do it. I love this kind of stuff.
"I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life." -Jack Bauer
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Better not forget your proton pack.