Carthage day, now with a date

All meetups, whether UE or non-UE, should be posted in this forum
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Re: Carthage day, now with a date

Post by Sertile »

Nicotti wrote:For some reason when I hear the title "Supreme Chancellor" I have an uncontrollable urge to roll my eyes and snicker.
I just think of this guy

Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
cousin
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Re: RE: Carthage day, now with a date

Post by cousin »

Willard wrote:
cousin wrote:Does this mean that I have to come out and help at the booth too? I am a Carthage Pythian, but haven't been active recently.
Seriously?!? After some of the posts about Pythians on this forum and you never told me! You should come out to the booth. If you don't really want to that's fine, I'm actually a member of Syracuse Lodge in Republic and at Grand Lodge last weekend I told the guys in Carthage that I'd come out (and try to bring a couple of guys from our lodge too) and help. I got to meet the new Supreme Chancellor, Dan Cowen, he's a really cool guy. He has many great ideas. He also managed to get Pythian members good hotel and car rental discounts. Anyway, PM me if you want to know more about that stuff.
Atleast now I don't feel like as much as a goober. I was out with a couple other local members the other day, and it was brought up to me, that I really need to start doing more, we are in a bit of a crisis. We are/were the largest lodges, but probably have one of the lowest participation rates.

I will see what I can do to make it to the maple leaf event
cousin
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by cousin »

We are actually the oldest fraternal organization in the states, started in 1864, and have a stone on the back of the Lincoln monument, stating we were started there...

Sertile wrote:
Nicotti wrote:For some reason when I hear the title "Supreme Chancellor" I have an uncontrollable urge to roll my eyes and snicker.
I just think of this guy

Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

cousin wrote:We are actually the oldest fraternal organization in the states, started in 1864, and have a stone on the back of the Lincoln monument, stating we were started there...
Yeah, I know. I just think it's a funny named title.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

cousin wrote:We are actually the oldest fraternal organization in the states, started in 1864, and have a stone on the back of the Lincoln monument, stating we were started there...

Sertile wrote:
I just think of this guy

Actually the Mason's and Odd Fellows have the Pythians beat, but as for oldest American based fraternal order, yes the Pythians are the oldest... and the first to be recognized by an Act of Congress. :D

As for odd titles, the Pythians no longer call the Recording Secretary "Keeper of Records and Seal;" Financial Secretary "Master of Finance;" or Treasurer "Master of Exchequer."
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude