Frisco High Line Trail ride

All meetups, whether UE or non-UE, should be posted in this forum
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Re: Frisco High Line Trail ride

Post by Sertile »

Hey, sorry I didn't respond sooner! I'm hardly ever on here lately, so I had no idea you guys were planning for this weekend. I got a PM Friday, but it was kind of last-minute. I'm not going to have time anyway, I'm leaving in a few days and I'm pretty busy getting all my shit together at the moment. I did get a new bike, though!
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

So how was the ride?
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

It was just me and ARLT1YJ. Never heard from Sertile on the shuttle, and Willard begged out due to an exhausting work week. So we started at the Walnut Grove Trailhead, and went to Bolivar and back. I thought it was pretty awesome. Bridges, creeks, a few old building foundation and structures that we could see, although I bet would see more if rode in winter. Wildflowers were awesome, lot of spider wort, rose verbena, some cardinal flower, purple coneflowers, daisies, black-eyed susans, coreopsis, butterfly weed, milkweed. Wildlife was mostly lizards, five lined skinks and wood lizards, some snapping turtles, box turtles, two large blacksnakes we startled while they were in the act of procreating. Arlo is a cool guy. I did most of the talking, but he definitely kept up his end of the conversation. Until we got most of the way back. He was riding a true mountain bike, with wider tires, and had more friction and was working harder. Conversation kind of lags when exhaustion sets in. I was starting to wonder if he was going to make it. Still, we did 40 miles in 4 hours, stopping a couple of times. Pretty good pace. I want to do it again, and I'm going to make my goal a full up and back, 70 miles. Physically, I still could have made it further, but my taint was getting pretty sore from the seat. I need to build up some more calluses. No pictures of the ride, because I didn't take a camera. No pictures of my taint, either.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

sounds like you had a good time
actually sounds like a great time
never was much into biking and i can tell you
that 40 miles on a quarter horse
would have killed me and my horse
got to be great for your heart :D
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

I want to go when I get back, but I can't jump right into a 70 mi bike ride. We'll need to do another 30-40 mi trip first if you don't mind, then I'll see what I (and my taint) are up for.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Works for me. I want to do a fall ride, and then a warm winter day ride, too. And if you are looking for scenery, start at Walnut Grove. You pretty much drive the trail from Springfield to Walnut Grove if you stay on 160 then 123. Not much going on there, as far as I can tell.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham