The offical Halloween Bon Fire Thread - Nov 2 - 7:30 pm

All meetups, whether UE or non-UE, should be posted in this forum
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

The offical Halloween Bon Fire Thread - Nov 2 - 7:30 pm

Post by Kit »

OK I need to know how many people are planning on coming to this.

1. so I can get wood
2. so I can get marshmellows
3. so I can know who to send Christmas Cards to
4. so I can try to fit all the cars somewhere

Details are as follows:

Bon fire Friday Night Nov 2nd (for my birthday but now for Halloween) Starts at 7:30 pm til the last drunk person passes out.

Dress up or dont dress up Its up to you. I am going to be dressed up.

If you think about it bring some snack food. Like a bag of chips or some other killer party food that only you know about. or cheese.

This will be a drinking party. If you arent 21 you are welcome to come but I like my good standing with the local law enforcement so please dont come to drink.
MIP tickets suck.

We will have a guess my age game (for the people that dont know) to win something like beer or $5 or cheese. Just because its fun.

Please dont say you can come if you cant come because I am going to buy food and such and I really dont like hotdogs enough to eat them for the next two weeks straight

What to Bring:

You - Looking scary or no
A CHAIR - grass is alway an option but it might be chilly
Snack Food - if you think about it
Drinks - It is BYOB.. I have some beer but I doubt it lasts long.
You- i know i said that twice but its not a party without you.
Kit wrote:I am old
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Re: The offical Halloween Bon Fire Thread - Nov 2 - 7:30 pm

Post by Kit »

P.S. I live in West Springfield in case you need to know that.. I will PM you directions if you say you can come.
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: The offical Halloween Bon Fire Thread - Nov 2 - 7:30 pm

Post by junkman306 »

Kit dear i wouldn't miss it for the world. :D I'll probably bring the old lady too. :shock:
What's the point of making a point if the point you are trying to make is pointless? Do you get my point?
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

you dressing up? :) I guess if everyone says they arent dressing up then i wont.
Former User #1
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

RE: The offical Halloween Bon Fire Thread - Nov 2 - 7:30 pm

Post by Former User #1 »

Junk's outfit:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Post by slow_walker »

I suck. Really I do. And I don't know how to make me not suck.

I hate not knowing anyone in Springfield and not having friends to meet for dinner or go to a movie with. So, I strongly desire to come to these types of get togethers.

But, at the same time I am VERY shy. Or maybe it's not that I'm shy as much as it is that some stupid part of my brain is CONVINCED that no one will like me. And I get so embarassed and worried about giving the impression that I'm a complete dork, that I end up acting like a complete dork. And then I get flustered and I end up leaving. It's like I put too much pressure on myself.

And I know that since I posted this several people are going to say nice things to make me feel better and convince me to show up. But, the problem is within me. A lot of people actually like me, and I know I'm funny and witty and sarcastic - when I'm in a comfortable situation (like my home turf, or at work, or when I have someone there I already know, etc.). However, just thinking about walking into a group of strangers makes me want to puke. Even at the Underground bar-b-que last year I just stood quietly against the wall and tried to be invisible.

So, I would love to say "yes", but I haven't yet worked up the courage. That's why I missed the sushi dinner a while back. I'm embarassed and feel like a dork for even posting this, but I am seriously trying to overcome this stupid personality flaw so that I don't die alone and bitter.

Anyway, sorry. :?
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

slow_walker wrote:I suck. Really I do. And I don't know how to make me not suck.

I hate not knowing anyone in Springfield and not having friends to meet for dinner or go to a movie with. So, I strongly desire to come to these types of get togethers.

But, at the same time I am VERY shy. Or maybe it's not that I'm shy as much as it is that some stupid part of my brain is CONVINCED that no one will like me. And I get so embarassed and worried about giving the impression that I'm a complete dork, that I end up acting like a complete dork. And then I get flustered and I end up leaving. It's like I put too much pressure on myself.

And I know that since I posted this several people are going to say nice things to make me feel better and convince me to show up. But, the problem is within me. A lot of people actually like me, and I know I'm funny and witty and sarcastic - when I'm in a comfortable situation (like my home turf, or at work, or when I have someone there I already know, etc.). However, just thinking about walking into a group of strangers makes me want to puke. Even at the Underground bar-b-que last year I just stood quietly against the wall and tried to be invisible.

So, I would love to say "yes", but I haven't yet worked up the courage. That's why I missed the sushi dinner a while back. I'm embarassed and feel like a dork for even posting this, but I am seriously trying to overcome this stupid personality flaw so that I don't die alone and bitter.

Anyway, sorry. :?
Damn it. You are going. You can't meet people if you don't go and if you're worried about being a dork, don't worry. Tiamat will be there and believe me, when she's not trying to kick people in the head, she's a dork. :D And I'm just ugly so I have that part covered. :lol:
What's the point of making a point if the point you are trying to make is pointless? Do you get my point?
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

Kit wrote:you dressing up? :) I guess if everyone says they arent dressing up then i wont.
you know your scuba outfit would be a really nice attraction 8)
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
Former User #1
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by Former User #1 »

junkman306 wrote: Tiamat will be there and believe me, when she's not trying to kick people in the head, she's a dork.
Hey! You're just sayin that cuz I put your head on some guy in a banana costume.
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

i am HORRIBLY shy too.. my husband is the person that can talk to a brick wall... but i am trying really hard to over come it.. you should come just for the flaming marshmellows if nothing else .. besides if there is drinking everyone will like everyone .. until they dont.
slow_walker

Post by slow_walker »

Kit wrote:i am HORRIBLY shy too.. my husband is the person that can talk to a brick wall... but i am trying really hard to over come it.. you should come just for the flaming marshmellows if nothing else .. besides if there is drinking everyone will like everyone .. until they dont.
Yeah, drinking would relax me a bit. But since I'm bringing myself, if I drink I can't drive home. Then I would have to stay at a strange house with strange people. :shock:
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

tiamat wrote:
junkman306 wrote: Tiamat will be there and believe me, when she's not trying to kick people in the head, she's a dork.
Hey! You're just sayin that cuz I put your head on some guy in a banana costume.
Uh uh. You really did try to kick me in the head. Well, it was more of a curb stomp. :D
Former User #1
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by Former User #1 »

Drinking isn't exactly the best way to overcome shyness!!!
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

tiamat wrote:Drinking isn't exactly the best way to overcome shyness!!!
The hell it ain't!!!! I've seen some of the shyest girls become real open and friendly (and sometimes nekid) after they've been drinking. :D
slow_walker

Post by slow_walker »

tiamat wrote:Drinking isn't exactly the best way to overcome shyness!!!
Well, speaking for myself, my drinking consists of nursing 3 bottles over a 4 hour time period. So, I am not getting drunk and going crazy to pretend I'm not shy. But, even 1 drink will automatically relax most people. Not to the point of exhibition, but just to relieve them of their day's stress at work or whatever. So, that's what I was referring to.

Honestly, it's hard for me to let myself get drunk anyway. Simply because I'm a natural babysitter and I make myself remain in control in case anything needs to be taken care of. I take care of puking drunks, I drive drunks into town for more beer so they don't drive themselves, I slice the cheese so the drunks don't cut themselves, etc. I've tried to ignore it and get wasted like everyone else, but I just can't. I always end up watching out for everything.