Railway exchange building

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
the_p0ssum
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Re: Railway exchange building

Post by the_p0ssum »

Whitepanther wrote:Bump.

I had a long sordid history in this building. It’s not nearly as tall in the center as it seems from the skyline view. Floor 9 or 10 possibly was the extent of the full floors. Above that was perimeter only construction. If you look via satellite view you’ll see what I mean. Try getting a crane to put something on floor 9 that has to cross floor 18. If you do, you are better at rigging than I.
Wow, you can clearly see from the sat views how this building was constructed with something akin to a mid-floor courtyard approach. Very interesting...
Whitepanther
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by Whitepanther »

the_p0ssum wrote:
Whitepanther wrote:Bump.

I had a long sordid history in this building. It’s not nearly as tall in the center as it seems from the skyline view. Floor 9 or 10 possibly was the extent of the full floors. Above that was perimeter only construction. If you look via satellite view you’ll see what I mean. Try getting a crane to put something on floor 9 that has to cross floor 18. If you do, you are better at rigging than I.
Wow, you can clearly see from the sat views how this building was constructed with something akin to a mid-floor courtyard approach. Very interesting...
I never understood the reasoning for the design but I always thought it was cool too.
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Post by Chris »

Nevermind, incorrect information.
Whitepanther
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by Whitepanther »

Chris wrote:Nevermind, incorrect information.
We are all just students of history and you’ve got something good, with a statement like that. Not fair to hold out! I promise I have thick skin. Plz???? :mrgreen:
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Post by Chris »

I mean I initially posted some incorrect information, realized my error, and deleted the comment (but you can't delete comments in totality).
Whitepanther
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by Whitepanther »

Chris wrote:I mean I initially posted some incorrect information, realized my error, and deleted the comment (but you can't delete comments in totality).
Oh gotcha. I did that once and couldn’t login for like 12 hours. Thought I got banned from the forum lol.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Police secured entrances to this building and kicked out the homeless they found inside.

1st Fox 2 News story
(Archived link)
Follow up story
(Archived link)
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand