Abandoned house in Fenton

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
Mandi Milenko
Miz Mayhem
Miz Mayhem

RE: Abandoned house in Fenton

Post by Mandi Milenko »

Thanks! It actually wasn't nearly as trashed as I thought it was going to be when I saw it at first. It has great bones, but I don't think it will ever be saved. That is a prime piece of real estate though. I'm surprised it's still there with all the development in that area.
Mandi Milenko
Miz Mayhem
Miz Mayhem

Post by Mandi Milenko »

Oh, and the jukebox made me sad. So did the broken piano/organ in a pile of trash outside.
lindsey.michelle
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Abandoned house in Fenton

Post by lindsey.michelle »

I did a search on TerraServer, and dropped the dates for the Ariel images to the lowest i could, and it seems that there used to be a huge home back there in addition to the one that is still currently there. There is a driveway still leading back to the lot, but there is nothing there, hasn't been since 2002.. in the images from the past (2002) the home that is now non existent, seems to be at least twice the size of the other one.... I wonder why it was torn down, and this one was left? Also... i wonder where that person in the van was going... from the looks of it, there is only one way in, and one way out.. I parked right in front of the home itself when i visited earlier this week... just doesn't make sense to me as to where the people in the van were going... there is nothing else back there, and even more confusing is the fact, that there isnt another exit.... so where did they go?!? lol yikesss
promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

hard to belive some one just lets this sit??? unless they are only thinking of the land
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
Mandi Milenko
Miz Mayhem
Miz Mayhem

Post by Mandi Milenko »

I have no idea. It was an elderly couple so I didn't stick around to find out. Maybe they were just wondering what was up there.
ncortivo
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by ncortivo »

i got alot of pics just never uploaded at the time its cool but there is no other house up there back in 1958 to 1970 there was another house off that dirt road but no longer there im guessing it was torn down when the bluffs went in. if there are any other places that you know of or are going to i would love to come along i enjoy this stuff. there is one place i wanna go but idk how to get in its a big abandoned quarry in Lemay off of Mt Olive Rd and Lemay Ferry
ncortivo
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by ncortivo »

theres a website called historicaerials.com and you can in some parts go back to 1958 but the only thing that sucks about it is it only goes to 2007 and no higher but i use it alot
archinstl
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by archinstl »

ncortivo
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by ncortivo »

all my pics are way too large to upload and i got good ones of upstairs i tried to compress but cant get small enough without pictures distorting
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

pixlr.com/editor

image > image size 800x600
Mandi Milenko
Miz Mayhem
Miz Mayhem

Post by Mandi Milenko »

I just do my resizing through photobucket and post them from there. I do 640x480, or vice-versa depending on the pic. Save image as a copy, because for some reason it doesn't change the original. Oh, and when it says "pic saved to album" or whatever, click on that and copy the "img code" link from the album because the links they show on that page are of the old pic.
Curticus
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Curticus »

I grew up right up the street from this place in the 80's-90's. There used to be several large abandoned houses in the area, most of them along a stretch of Saline Rd that is now buried by Gravois Bluffs. This one, however, was occupied not too long ago (up until maybe the mid/late 1990's, I want to say?).

I couldn't find anything online to support this - but I had heard it was a home for nuns, and the larger building that appears in old aerial shots was the church or a parochial school of some sort. I overheard a couple of teenagers talking about it being "haunted" not long ago.
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Post by Chris »

What a shame. I've driven buy that place a several times on 30 and saw the mailboxes, which made me curious as to what was up there.

It's a really cool house.
ncortivo
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by ncortivo »

ive also heard its haunted i dont know if its true or not someone told me people got murdered there but i looked that up and couldnt find anything
stromo
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by stromo »

I went up there today, it's nice you could just drive right up to it. Technically there wasn't any "no trespassing" signs..

I'm new so I figured I'd go somewhere easy on my first exploration. Overall the place was pretty trashed. The upstairs or the pool was probably the coolest part. I didn't bother with the basement because I figured it would be trashed like the rest of the house. Another house would make sense seeing as that back road led no where. Has the excavator always been there? That's a pretty pricey piece of equipment, I assume it's there to tear the place down...