Washington Park Cemetary

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: Washington Park Cemetary

Post by Nicotti »

Maybe the iron part finally rusted thru? Cause I don't remember being able to see in when you had shown it to me.

I hope they make the new grave as elegant as the old one was, but they prolly won't. :(
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
Mandi Milenko
Miz Mayhem
Miz Mayhem

RE: Washington Park Cemetary

Post by Mandi Milenko »

Well, you can definitely (and easily) see his remains. This is the freakiest (and saddest) thing I have ever seen!

Odd redness in this one that wasn't in the others..
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

That's a dead guy!
Last edited by SubLunar on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mandi Milenko
Miz Mayhem
Miz Mayhem

Post by Mandi Milenko »

No, it's a dead child. I'm kinda feeling bad about taking pics but who wouldn't right?
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

so they just leave the body lay there???? kind of a mummy sint it
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
Mandi Milenko
Miz Mayhem
Miz Mayhem

Post by Mandi Milenko »

They are planning on moving him but I'm not sure when. The whole wooden bottom has rotted out of the casket (not sure why it wasn't iron all the way around?). Here are some updated pics of the outside. See the gap at the bottom? All you have to do is look in and you can see him. Also, the top of the casket can potentially be lifted up.

ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

that is just plain WRONG
Mandi Milenko
Miz Mayhem
Miz Mayhem

Post by Mandi Milenko »

Yeah it is. It's really sad. You can even see his toy sword still in there by his side :( His skull looks like it was cut open. Maybe that's how they did autopsies back in the day?

RIP Adolphus Lewis. 1915-1922. :(
The Count
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by The Count »

I went and looked at him a couple days ago and oh my gosh mandi thank you so much, for posting that, I've wanted to dig up a dead body that was buried a long time ago forever and I finally got to do it. It was amazing, no one came with I was there for like an hour. So glad I got to see him, yes I'm morbid.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

Why does he still have skin? Weird.

I hope no one fucks with him.

RIP.
Mandi Milenko
Miz Mayhem
Miz Mayhem

Post by Mandi Milenko »

It looks like he was covered in a shroud of some sort, which I guess preserved him. I hope no one fucks with him either, because he is really vulnerable right now. I just stuck my hand under and snapped some pics, and that was bad enough :( I'm already feeling like since I live pretty close to this cemetery, he is going to come over and haunt me because I posted pics of him on the Internet or something :lol:
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

ID say he is kind of mummy fied and i dont see nothing wrong with taking pics i do see some thing wrong with who ever he belongs to not do something
Eagle90
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by Eagle90 »

I don't post much but I do enjoy watching the forums and seeing the pics folks post. As cool as it is to see what condition a body is in after 90 years, please take the photo's down. Chances are anyone who actually knew this boy died years ago but there is a good chance that someone in his family line is still living and quite possibly still living in the area. If it were your son or daughter or even your grandfather would you want pics posted on the internet? To most people, this is just another dead body, albeit a child. To others, this is someone special who once lived and died young. Remember that as you are looking at his physical remains.
Mandi Milenko
Miz Mayhem
Miz Mayhem

Post by Mandi Milenko »

I seriously doubt that he has family still around, because if he did his grave wouldn't be in such bad condition. If he does, than if they don't care enough to raise awareness on the issue, than what is wrong with me publicizing it? As cool as this cemetery is, something needs to be done about its condition. The entire place is disrespectful. Also, they publicized on the news that his remains are showing, so do you honestly think I'm the only one who has done this? It's sad, yes, but to me it's no different than a mummy at a museum. If you know its there, you're going to take a look. And take pictures. If enough people are upset about these pictures, I will take them down. But for now they are staying up. I respect your opinion, but to a lot of us morbid people on here this type of stuff is interesting, as sad as it may be. Hopefully when they move him, they will do a much better job. It's not that I like seeing it, but if it's there, I'm sure as hell going to document it.
indolence73
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by indolence73 »

I see no reason the pictures should be taken down. If member of the family were to make this request I would consider removing them. But as you have stated it does not appear there are any living relatives around or if there are, they don't seem to care.