Jefferson Arms

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
t7
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Re: Jefferson Arms

Post by t7 »

BagHead727 wrote:
t7 wrote:Urbex isn't about partying. Reckless behavior like this is what gets people hurt or arrested, and buildings sealed up tight.

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints. If you want to get drunk, do it somewhere that won't lead to consequences for the rest of us.
Well isn't that one slippery slope. Please refrain from telling me what I should and shouldn't do. If I want to do something then I'll do it despite your irrelevant opinion. You're pretty quick to judge my intentions too. What, do you think I'm going to bring dozens of hoodlums here to get wasted and trash a historic building? Do you really think I want to get a place sealed up? No. I have more respect than that and think I'm competent enough to refrain from engaging in "reckless behavior" and "getting people hurt or arrested." The only way your slippery slope makes a lick of logical sense is under the assumption that I'm a complete retard committed to pissing on history. Frankly, that's insulting.
Hardly a slippery slope argument, and I'll ignore your fallacious ad hominem and straw man rhetoric. Online communities are only as pleasant as their rudest members, so I'm off. Cheers, everybody; this forum has been a lot of fun.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Really? This new guy makes you leave? Sad. :|
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

Oh damn..

But to be honest I was kinda edgy when I wrote that response. My bad.
aka "That Guy"
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Nicotti, if his feelings were hurt by that, maybe we should let him take his football and go home. If a real online community scrum broke out, he might be killed.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
t7
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

RE: Jefferson Arms

Post by t7 »

It's not about hurt feelings, because they weren't hurt. It's about choosing how to use my free time.
Mandi Milenko
Miz Mayhem
Miz Mayhem

Post by Mandi Milenko »

Please don't go T7!! I'm sure a lot of us agree with you on here! I for one do. Partying at places does tend to draw attention and ruin it for the rest of us. Not to mention the places that have burned down because of careless stupid drunk people. It disrespects everyone here.

You are a great asset to this forum. You are very helpful!! Please don't let this guy run you off.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Agreed, I think some words were exchanged harshly and taken offense to.

I'll admit, this would be a pretty awesome party venue at first glance. But the reality of places like this is that it's not as cool as it would be in your imagination.

Hell, that's what started me out in exploring abandoned buildings. I just wanted an interesting place to escape life for a while and get away from parents, etc. So we'd head down to the local abandonment and just chill, drink, whatever.

Really though, the only good places to party in are the warehouses and less historically significant structures that aren't in any great danger of being sealed or trashed.

That's actually what caused Jefferson arms to get sealed up in the first place. People were partying there and using the sidewalk entrance. It started getting watched and so they sealed the entrance.

So if you're looking for a venue, choose something like the soap plant. It's all concrete and already pretty tore up, plus there's plenty of fresh air and whatnot.

See, we can compromise!
Mandi Milenko
Miz Mayhem
Miz Mayhem

Re: RE: Jefferson Arms

Post by Mandi Milenko »

SubLunar wrote:Agreed, I think some words were exchanged harshly and taken offense to.

I'll admit, this would be a pretty awesome party venue at first glance. But the reality of places like this is that it's not as cool as it would be in your imagination.

Hell, that's what started me out in exploring abandoned buildings. I just wanted an interesting place to escape life for a while and get away from parents, etc. So we'd head down to the local abandonment and just chill, drink, whatever.

Really though, the only good places to party in are the warehouses and less historically significant structures that aren't in any great danger of being sealed or trashed.

That's actually what caused Jefferson arms to get sealed up in the first place. People were partying there and using the sidewalk entrance. It started getting watched and so they sealed the entrance.

So if you're looking for a venue, choose something like the soap plant. It's all concrete and already pretty tore up, plus there's plenty of fresh air and whatnot.

See, we can compromise!
Very true! There have been some places that I thought would be good party spots. Just not places like this. That's how the Bush Mansion got sealed back up (for a while anyway). To be honest, I have way more issues with the scrappers and druggies.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Building on the Right, taken when it was still the Hotel Jefferson
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand