East St. Louis

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

East St. Louis

Post by Willard »

If anyone is brave enough to do it, East St. Louis is the mecca of rundown abandoned large buildings. Check out this site I found!

East St. Louis
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
thetrio
Whiskey Tango
Whiskey Tango

RE: East St. Louis

Post by thetrio »

That place looks like fun but I have heard nothing but bad stories abouth that place. Still with a big enough group it might be ok.
I went over to the dark side, but just to pick up a few things.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

You know in this cse a bigger group might not be better
I totaly agree that it looks inviting but like the Trio says I just dont think it is worth the risk
I know the armor building and the old stockyards would get me excited and probaly if you used a lot of caution it would be ok but I have always heard the that side of town plays hard ball and they play for keeps they dont care whyyou are there or who you are or what you are doing
But then i could just be a big coward I have heard a lot of stories about the strip clubs that line the streets and the bad stiores way out weight the good
If you all decide to go i would for sure let several other people know where you were going and when you planned to come back
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
memory_machine
Resident Douchebag
Resident Douchebag

Post by memory_machine »

East St. Louis is doable if you go during the day and use your head. I have been to the armour packing plant and a couple of other buildings in the area. It took me a long time before I decided that it was worth the risk, but it turned out to not be as bad as I thought. I wouldn't dare try it at night, though.
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

I'd say heck yes I'd go, but that's one place I'm not comfortable going. Actually I'm terrified of going. And plus I'm 99.99999% sure my parents wouldn't approve either. If the crime rate drops drastically let me know! :D
thetrio
Whiskey Tango
Whiskey Tango

Post by thetrio »

As bad as it may be I still think it might be fun to at least drive around and look and then maybe determine if it is safe to get out and do some wondering. Of course i am not going to drive from KC and just drive around, i would prolly have to get out and go into something.
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

i'm going up there for a concert on the ninth and i may check out that armour plan on the tenth
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

St. Louis was listed as the most dangerous city in America in 2002. Now it's just a measly 4th place.
tunajive
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by tunajive »

East St. Louis is no joke. It has a horrible crime rate let alone the stuff they don't catch. I've had enough friends have trouble going to concerts and bars over there, not including trying to go into some abandoned building. It would be sweet but at the same time not worth the risk. Unless I'm packin, I ain't goin.

-Matt
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

I got to drive through East St. Louis Wednesday. Looks rundown and every UE'ers dream place. My dad used to have to go there a lot for work and said people would just stand on the street waiting for target practice. I guess some of the blacks in the rest of St. Louis even refuse to go over to the east side. I'm too wary of the place to explore unless something was done about the gangs, drugs, and crime.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Hmmm.... I think I could find some people who can get ahold of military issue wheapons and we could just take care of the crime problem ourselves... I'm sure noone in the rest of the country would mind if we roled in there in an ex military issue Hummer and thin out the neighborhood with an oozy...

Or, my other idea was we could find some old 1920's car and dress in the 1920's gangster style and get some old Tompson machine guns with the barrel drum clip (aka Tommy Guns) and we could just drive around East St. Louis thinning out the neighborhood that way... it would make for great TV and I'm sure as doped up as the people there are they'd think we were ghosts!
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Post by Mindscape »

You know, I've always wanted to be a masked vigilante fighting for justice and right. I just don't think I'd be very good at it. One of those anti-hero types, you know.

Buuuuut... if you feel like running rooftops at night in nifty outfits and saving the day using our ninja crimefightin' skills... it might be better to start out in a place like Springfield or Joplin, which would be a little less likely to shoot you outright just to eliminate your singing of the theme song to the Tick cartoon at the top of your lungs while you patrolled. Other than that, I'm all for it. Where do I sign up?

I can see it now...
THE SNEAKY BASTARDS!

-White Rabbit in his Arthur-from-the-Tick-esque bunny suit with long white ears (and yes, I KNOW they weren't ears).

-Sertile, dressed as a horse, in keeping with his (as yet unofficial) title, Sertile the Fertile Pony. Pastels for a My Little Pony reference, maybe?

-Willard, whose super powers involve lots of rats and digging up information on damn near anything.

-Me. Primary job: running from Sertile for calling him the Fertile Pony. Secondary job: Fightin' crime and crap.

Just like the Fantastic Four, only not so much with the Fantasticness.
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

WHOOOOO man i thing you may have already been to the east side and what ever it is you are taking dont give any to Willard
I kinda like to think of it as the "A" team
White Rabbit;;; the leader who always loves it when a plann comes togther.
Willard;;; as the sharp dresses playboy type always looking for a way to make a quick dollarand seduce the sexy ladies
Anne;;;; as the shy quite type that can sneak in and get information,from the big bad tought guys, and them come back with a rocket launcher and kick butt with the best of them,, all we need now is a big loud black guy with lots and lots of gold and is afraid to fly
then East St louis best just look out
and on a serious note i really dought that a full batalion of tanks could clean up that part of town and the sad part is that after you cleaned it up it would only take a few weeks to be back to the drugs and crime
crokked leaders, crooked cops, crooked politians ,it would be a up hill battle all the way and most likely not even worth the time
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: East St. Louis

Post by Anne »

Willard wrote:Or, my other idea was we could find some old 1920's car and dress in the 1920's gangster style and get some old Tompson machine guns with the barrel drum clip (aka Tommy Guns) and we could just drive around East St. Louis thinning out the neighborhood that way... it would make for great TV and I'm sure as doped up as the people there are they'd think we were ghosts!
I love this idea! Just call me Bonnie while we do this. :)
thetrio
Whiskey Tango
Whiskey Tango

Post by thetrio »

I will get out my pinstripped suit and fedora.