houses

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
rexmo
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: houses

Post by rexmo »

Was that town Allenton or Times Beach?

Times Beach is now a park but it was evacuated when Malcolm Bliss poured Dioxin oil on the roads to keep dust down. The feds came in and set up an incinerator to "clean" it all up. I don't think I'd have a picnic at that park!
404 -user not found

http://rexmo.net
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Re: houses

Post by ropingk »

Tat is what a lot of folks thought but i go there a lot to ride and its just another peice of property it still has some of the old roads but all the houses are gone and not to sound like a wuss but it kind of has a lonesome feeling when you are riding all alone kind of like then spooky movies on TV where all of a sudden the ld houses appeare and the people are all there looking at you
Oh and I think it was Russle Bliss now and for the last many many years lives just outside Cuba in a super big hunking house wiht a really young hot looking blond wife
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Re: RE: houses

Post by crazydrummerdude »

rexmo wrote:Was that town Allenton or Times Beach?
Allenton, like we said.
lpfan
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster
Location: cuba mo bourbon mo sullivan mo troy mo imperial mo st louis and now rolla

Post by lpfan »

the one pics of your friends family's property is in bourbon mo on 66 that place was a shit hole
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Re: RE: houses

Post by crazydrummerdude »

lpfan wrote:the one pics of your friends family's property is in bourbon mo on 66 that place was a shit hole
If you're talking to me, you're about 150 miles off.
Mandi Milenko
Miz Mayhem
Miz Mayhem

Post by Mandi Milenko »

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I went into an awesome house last night, and this seemed like the proper place to post it....

This house, built in 1905, is amazing to me! It's been vacant for awhile, and is a hang-out for the local kids (who do you think showed me around? Her dad is a good friend and also came with). They have actually kept it in pretty decent shape, which goes to show how respectful they are. It sits on 10 acres almost... This whole area has quite a few old houses like this, but this one is the most impressive that I seen.

I will not reveal it's location, because a nice couple just bought it last month at an auction (for $300,000). I really hope they do something awesome with it.

Another house (or barn maybe?) in the area I want to go to. There are lots actually!

redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Post by redox »

That's a pretty cool building. Love the shot of the bat. Was that place an old hotel or like a bed 'n' breakfast or something?
White Rabbit wrote:Welcome back. Find some cool stuff and tell us about it :P
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Freaking awesome place! And no lame graffiti-where is it, the twilight zone?!

Your bat picture beats any I've got and I've tried several times. Excellent work.
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Post by redox »

It looks like an old Meramec river lodge.
White Rabbit wrote:Welcome back. Find some cool stuff and tell us about it :P
Mandi Milenko
Miz Mayhem
Miz Mayhem

Post by Mandi Milenko »

The house used to be an athletic club and it's in North County. There is a little graffiti on the side of the house you can see it a little in the pics, but for the area it's in, I am amazed there isn't more.

Funny thing about the bat... I knew he was there but I didn't know I even got a picture of him until I got home and unloaded my pics. It was completely dark and the three of us were working on one flashlight, so I am surprised I got anything honestly.

Oh, and for those who like spooky things, when we walked up to the house, we all saw a light flickering through the window and smelled a fire, but when we got inside, there was no trace of a squatter. I honestly expected one, but there is no way anyone could have cleaned up the fire in time. I also am wondering if there are any tunnels since the house is so old and it's close to a railroad. We got ran off by a local before we could find one because silly me screamed when the bat landed on my head. I'm still new at this (lol).
the_p0ssum
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by the_p0ssum »

Cool house & nice job on the pics, especially the bat shot.

Is that your friend's Dad holding what looks to be a Busch can? Busch....the official beer of UE....
Batman
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Batman »

Great find! That bat pic is awesome!!! Its like it was just wanting to have its picture taken!
I am Batman!
bonnaroodude
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by bonnaroodude »

Amazing bat picture!!! I seriously looked at it like 10 times to see if it was real! THat is a cool building I would love to get in there.
the_p0ssum
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by the_p0ssum »

Along those lines, here's some pics of an old abandoned farm house. Time and gravity are taking their toll on it.

The linoleum is a nice touch:

Basement proved to be inaccessible:

n2cars
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by n2cars »

that house with the bat shot..... i know where it is and was gonna ask if anyone knew of it. looks like someone else was interested in it too! great pics