Hi

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
epwspower
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Hi

Post by epwspower »

I am a new member and I saw some earlier posts about the Chesterfield Manor. I go there quite often just for the hell of it but I could never find out why it was closed/abandoned. Could someone fill me in?
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

RE: Hi

Post by ann_marie »

I haven't been in there, but I pass by it everyday on the way to work and I noticed that they put up a "Public Hearing" sign yesterday. I'm looking on the city of Chesterfield's website and I'm not finding anything about it. If traffic wasn't so thick tonight I was going to pull over and read the sign, but I couldn't.

However I did find this, must have been shut down due to neglect???

http://missourighosts.net/stl5.html
One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

Picture 3, right hand side, probably paint or something, but still made me jerk back and go ewww.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

LOL, I didn't even notice the paint until Anne said something.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

haha really? that was the first thing I noticed! Probably cuz someone signed on aim and I was glancing at the right side of my screen when it pulled up though.
epwspower
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by epwspower »

What exactly does a public hearing mean?
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Post by Mindscape »

A public hearing is a semi-mythical beastie that exists only in the minds of politicians. It helps ward off bad press by supposedly being a meeting where local residents can speak their mind so that the city won't do something it's planning. Realistically, the dates printed for these mythical meetings actually fade from view when looked at upon the signs, so no one ever actually gets to go.

Seriously, now...

A public hearing is a meeting held by a town council wherein they decide the fate of some area. This can be as minor a change as rezoning a place from being residential to commercial or industrial (or back) to a decision to bring the place down entirely or save it forever (*snort*) as an historic site.

What the term "public hearing" really means is that the meeting, which would normally take place behind closed doors, is open to the public. The citizens of the area are allowed to come in and voice their opinions about the action that's to be taken, listen to the council discuss the issue, and supposedly just generally have a say in things.

Basically, it means diddly-squat unless a lot of people show up or it's an election year.
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."
epwspower
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by epwspower »

I see.
The first story on the missourighosts page smells a little fishy..I go there and there are noises and such but that doesn't mean that it is haunted, but maybe it is...But it could also just mean that I ran into some cult meeting or something to that extent.

Besides, that is a sickass place anyway. I'm sure there are multiple diseases roaming around inside.

And why would it close down because people died of neglect? Old people die of neglect everyday in nursing homes all over the country. I am tempted to go into that neighborhood next to the nursing home and ask the residents what they know about it.
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Post by Mindscape »

Actually, most diseases can survive only a matter of hours without support from a carrier body. So you may pick up some nasty allergies to all the mold and mildew that's probably there, plus the dust, but other than that, you shouldn't be at risk of your health as long as you don't do anything outrageously stupid.

Second, nursing homes are like politicians.

They can get away with murder all they want as long as they don't get caught. When they get caught, it's a huge scandal and they're closed down/thrown out of office. That doesn't mean it doesn't keep happening, it just means they try to be more sneaky about it.
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

I went through a lot of the stories on missourighosts website. I thought most of the stories sounded fishy. Especially Zombie Road. Course, I'd almost have to see it and experience all that for myself. But still I'm pretty skeptical about that website.
epwspower
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by epwspower »

Yeah. Actually I have gone to Zombie road numerous times and have not experienced anything out of the ordinary besides change in temperatures and weird noises. Don't get me wrong, walking in the middle of woods with no way out except the way you came from is rather spooky...But people have to realize that no matter what, if you are planning on venturing in the woods, there are always going to be noises of some kind.

Zombie road also has so many outrageous rumors too, like there being an insane asylum down there or that there was a man struck by the train there back in the 1800s. I would just like to find out where this all was documented.
I also think I read on that missourighosts site that people were chased by the man who was killed. That's funny because nothing remotely close to that ever happened to me.
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

Sounds like an interesting read. Are there any other website that mention this road?
Also when walking in woods like that especially around ghost rumored places, your mind starts to think about stories from other people and then you get paranoid and freaked out wondering if there is a ghost waiting for you. Someone mentioned on here that like 90% of ghosts and weird experiences like that are made up in the mind, I can't remember which post that's in or who said it.
epwspower
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by epwspower »

Most of the places you'll find zombie road online will probably be forums and such. Only a couple websites have information about it.

theshadowlands.net

that's the only one besides missourighosts that I can think of off the top of my head. Search around online a little, but for the majority, there won't be too many sites on it. Zombie road has most of its information around the ellisville/eureka area. So if you know anyone around there I'm sure they could fill you in more.

I wouldn't doubt that most experiences are created in people minds. When people get scared, their minds go crazy.

Also, the only thing that is supposed to be weird on zombie road are the houses at the end of the road. But see, people walk like 3 miles through the road to see these old abandoned houses, when you can actually go down Old State road all the way and see them for yourself without wasting your time walking 5094305 miles through wooded areas. Some people are just stupid.
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Re: RE: Hi

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

Anne wrote:Picture 3, right hand side, probably paint or something, but still made me jerk back and go ewww.
Blood dries brown, and then will crack and peel.
We might die from medication
But we sure killed all the pain ~ Conor Oberst
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: Hi

Post by Anne »

S1L3N7B0B wrote:
Anne wrote:Picture 3, right hand side, probably paint or something, but still made me jerk back and go ewww.
Blood dries brown, and then will crack and peel.
I knew blood dried brown, but at a first glance you don't really think, however, I didn't know it cracked and peeled. Cool.