Busch wildlife area

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
jimmy3fan
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Busch wildlife area

Post by jimmy3fan »

Hello, just came across this site and it is really cool. Has anyone ever been in the bunkers out at Bucsh wildlife area? I have always been curious whats in them.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Re: Busch wildlife area

Post by ropingk »

several guys have been there to the bunkers there isnt anything in most of them except dirt at one time there was but that time is long passed and welcome
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
cherry63376
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Busch wildlife area

Post by cherry63376 »

I am very interested in this area and have spent a lot of time there. There are 98 bunkers there. some are being used a lot are secured but some are not. they are also very obscure. You can drive right past one on one of the main roads and not see it unless you look right at it. They were designed to not be seen from the air. Each one has an area in front of the door were a tree was planted to help hide the entrance.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Re: Busch wildlife area

Post by ropingk »

I dont knwo how to link topics but if you go to weldon springs ordance works there are some pics of the bunkers at Bush wildlife area
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
lzrturbo91
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: Busch wildlife area

Post by lzrturbo91 »

cherry63376 wrote:I am very interested in this area and have spent a lot of time there. There are 98 bunkers there. some are being used a lot are secured but some are not. they are also very obscure. You can drive right past one on one of the main roads and not see it unless you look right at it. They were designed to not be seen from the air. Each one has an area in front of the door were a tree was planted to help hide the entrance.
they arent being used not - not unless its by the park service for storage of thier trucks and what not - but most of them are sealed by having been welded - if you notice something about them the doors look like they are melting away and umm ya they are due to radiation - so they are empty now - well most of them and if they are sealed then stay the phuck away from them cause its going to be bad shit - but if you think they are still in use your full of it - lol ill go there with my military i.d. and try to get in if they really are in use- thats how sure i am that they arent....
jimmy3fan
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by jimmy3fan »

What are the little swinging flaps for thats on the doors?
cherry63376
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by cherry63376 »

but if you think they are still in use your full of it
In regards to this I did mean for the wild life park maintenance equipment and material. The bunkers are not being used to store explosives like they were during world war II. They have not been used for that since the end of the war. Since then they have not been used for anything. They were never used to store radiation material. Malincrodt did the radiation manufacturing on the other side of highway D.