Novice In UE Looking to Start Out

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
supersleuth
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Novice In UE Looking to Start Out

Post by supersleuth »

Hey everyone, I've been lurking for a while but this is the first time posting. UE is something I've had an interest in for several years, but I've never been able to go for it, for one reason or another. I recently moved back to St. Louis, and I want to get my feet wet with it.

I've been doing amateur photography work for several years, and I've been told I have a good eye. I'm in my 20's, in good shape, and am cautious and respectful.

I'd like to hook up with some people on expeditions and document what we find. Unfortunately, time constraints pretty much limit me to Saturday and Sunday afternoons.

From what I've seen so far, there are a lot of good people on this board. Hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks!
memory_machine
Resident Douchebag
Resident Douchebag

RE: Novice In UE Looking to Start Out

Post by memory_machine »

Welcome! I know we're planning on a get together in the near future. We'll post details as we figure out when and where, and then you'll have a chance to meet everyone in the area.
Urban Shadow
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Urban Shadow »

is it just me or does this sound like a personal ad? for first timers i sugest the coke plant in south city its easy to get into and hard to get caught plus there is also an abandoned barge crain.
graffitifetish
Miss Silver Lining
Miss Silver Lining

Post by graffitifetish »

I thought the same thing, but didn't want to say anything since I don't really "belong" in the St. Louis section...
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Re: Novice In UE Looking to Start Out

Post by redox »

Hey now, be nice. I thought it was a very polite first post. As long as it's not a fookin' freaked out wierdo...like me.
White Rabbit wrote:Welcome back. Find some cool stuff and tell us about it :P
graffitifetish
Miss Silver Lining
Miss Silver Lining

Re: Novice In UE Looking to Start Out

Post by graffitifetish »

supersleuth wrote:I'm in my 20's, in good shape, and am cautious and respectful.

I'd like to hook up with some people on expeditions and document what we find.
No one's being mean, it just does kinda read like one!
zmuh11
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: Novice In UE Looking to Start Out

Post by zmuh11 »

memory_machine wrote:Welcome! I know we're planning on a get together in the near future. We'll post details as we figure out when and where, and then you'll have a chance to meet everyone in the area.
That sounds promising, can it be after July 31st?
supersleuth
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by supersleuth »

haha, sorry about the awkward wording. Didn't mean for it to read like a singles ad, just wanted to give you guys some general info, since I know it takes a bit of athleticism to move around some of these sites.

I know it's pretty easy to get in and out of some of these areas, but since I've never done UE before, I'm pretty nervous about going it alone. Mainly due to safety issues.

I'd really like to make my way to some of the more well-known sites like Armour Meat, Carondelet Coke, etc. But some of that may be old hat for the more experienced people here.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

Carondolet is an easy site to get around in/on.

Armour is experiencing more activity, and it might land you in some trouble.

Some cracked out Stockyards worker came up to me all pissed off and (to paraphrase him) told me the next time he catches me out there he's going to flip my car over. This being the first time I was busted there.
lzrturbo91
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by lzrturbo91 »

lol its actually decently easy to flip a car over - i would be caryful of that.....