Openings on the STL riverfront

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
That guy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Openings on the STL riverfront

Post by That guy »

I have wondered for a long time what the opening is on the St Louis riverfront coblestone parking area , in front of the arch grounds . There is a opening , It is probley just a sewer . I am a little to fat to try my luck in exploring it , but I wonder if any of you all have before . If so what does it go to ? Darnit I wish I had a picture to show you all what I'm talking about :( . Thanks if you all know what I'm talking about :D
hey does this rag smell like chloroform to you
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Re: Openings on the STL riverfront

Post by Chris »

I have no idea what you're talking about, but trust me, I will find out! Thanks for the tip!
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Re: Openings on the STL riverfront

Post by ropingk »

there used to be areas where big chains were ancored to hold the boats on the river frount but there really shouldnt be any drains in that area at lease not small drains
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
That guy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Openings on the STL riverfront

Post by That guy »

No the entrance I seen is a brick arch way , slightly south of the arch , close to the waters edge . I will try to get a pic of it this weekend to show you all. I have to imagine that it is blocked off thou , being it's right by the water , when the ol Miss rises , the water would naturaly go there , if it wasn't blocked it would flood the heck out of something :lol: .. I just always wondered what it was, I used to take my dog down there for walks , and to take river pictures , and seen it one day .
hey does this rag smell like chloroform to you
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

RE: Openings on the STL riverfront

Post by Chris »

It might be a drain outfall, but I didn't know any were down there. I'd love a pic. But I'll try and make it down there soon.