STL Graffiti

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
MSUBearFranke
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

STL Graffiti

Post by MSUBearFranke »

Going to be in STL this weekend and I'm looking for some really good graffiti to document. I don't care if it is gang related or just tagging. I just want to take some photos of it. Thanks
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

RE: STL Graffiti

Post by redox »

If it's awesome graffiti art you want, then there's like 3/4 mile of some kickass graffiti along the concrete levee wall just a few blocks north of the arch. You have to see it to believe it.
White Rabbit wrote:Welcome back. Find some cool stuff and tell us about it :P
memory_machine
Resident Douchebag
Resident Douchebag

Post by memory_machine »

The upper floors of the Cotton Belt Freight Depot have some amazing graffiti.
pavement
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by pavement »

as you are leaving downtown in I-55 on an overpass, Its not eh best art but just wondering how the hell the put it up there is an art.
Can you here me now! its the end of radio, and we miss it.
cringe
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: STL Graffiti

Post by cringe »

memory_machine wrote:The upper floors of the Cotton Belt Freight Depot have some amazing graffiti.
Indeed, awesome work-just beware of the junkies :]

On the subject of graffiti, randomly driving around (as usual) at night I've spotted two HUGE tags. One read 'Dive' on a decrepit building in East STL, and the second read 'TKD,' spotted right off downtown I-40 on a (abandoned?) warehouse. Definition of 'HUGE' would be that both tags were atleast 20-30' in height...

Determined by the feathery/splattered white texture of the paint, it appears whoever threw these up used an industrial paint sprayer of some sort.. I'm curious as to how they accomplish this. Really cool shit.

There's also Powell Square, its litered with enormous roll ups and pieces--speaking of which I have yet to make trip there before they turn the goddamn thing into Condo's... (like every other abandonment in STL..) ;\

I believe I have this weekend off, so If you'd like some company to explore I'd be interested in tagging along!

Cheers,
cringe
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Re: STL Graffiti

Post by ropingk »

get some pic up I alwasy wonder how they do them BIG hunkling things--- there was a coal train going through Pacific the other day and as i sat for almost 15 minutes you could not help notice but like over 100 cars were done and it looked like ti was one continous pic pretty cool
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
StLouis210
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by StLouis210 »

The big tags that say "DIVE" and "TKO" are actually done with just a normal can of spray paint! Believe it or not! They're fitted with a special nozzle that sprays it that far!!

The roof and numerous floors of the Cotton Belt Freight Depot IS a great place to see some ever-changing graffiti...just be cool to the homeless guys!