Zombie road

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
pavement
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Zombie road

Post by pavement »

Has any one checked out Zombie road? I now sure if it is real or a St. louis urban myth, But I was talking to some people at a concert last night that said they do go there and it was worth the trip. Has any one else has gone or know more about it?
Can you here me now! its the end of radio, and we miss it.
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

RE: Zombie road

Post by Chris »

I asked about his several months ago and Tunajive pretty much confirmed to me what I had already thought.

Zombie road is actually called Lawlor Ford road, and although I'm sure there were other addresses at one time, there was a small dredging operation on the Meramec at the road's end.

It's just a place for the local high-school kids to go and drink. It's a blacktop road that's at the floor of a wooded valley. I wouldn't be surprised if you found a few foundations and such along it, but I doubt there's anything worth 'exploring' there.

At the end you'll find the 1 foot gauge tracks of the Wabash, Frisco, and Pacific, a live steam railroading club that gives rides to the public on Sundays and a bike trail that starts at the WF&P roundhouse and ends at a small park a little over a mile along the banks.

These guys have a little Zombie Road write-up that's worth looking at.
http://www.missourighosts.net/investigations.html
tunajive
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by tunajive »

Just like Chris said, not worth it. It was fun back in highschool when I would go down there to drink and go off-roading but it has no value whatsoever and is usually gated and chained shut now. Not to mention there are quite a few houses along the road that watch.

-Matt
memory_machine
Resident Douchebag
Resident Douchebag

Post by memory_machine »

Yeah, but if you really want to scare the pants off of yourself and your friends, parking at the top and walking the 2 miles to the end in the dark is always an option. I don't care if it's haunted or not, you will jump more than once because you think you see something.
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Post by Chris »

I bet! Me and some friends walked on the bike path in the middle of the night. It was creepy - we didn't have any flashlights and there was just enough moonlight to make the crushed limestone path stand out against the darkness. This was about 1 AM, and later on as we were walking back, we saw this light hovering about 6" above the water on the river. It was some guys on a boat floating down the river fishing. It was weird because at first you couldn't see the boat. We didn't see, feel, or hear anything weird though, but weren't on the actual "Zombie Road" either.

We were also going to mess with one of our friends on Zombie Road. He had just found out about it and decided he wanted to go check it out. So we decided we were going to go hide there right before it got dark and mess with them the whole time they were there, but unfortunately the plans got cancelled. THAT would have been fun.
Urban Shadow
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Urban Shadow »

i know some friends who have been there and they said there ar trails off of the road that some people four wheel on and they said there is some abandond building there too. they said it was really creepy.
pavement
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by pavement »

Yeah, I went, there was not much. Its a nice hike anyway and the cliffs and park at the end are cool, But I do think I night walk would be much more fun.
Can you here me now! its the end of radio, and we miss it.
epwspower
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by epwspower »

I wouldn't recommend it. Ive been there more times than I can count. Its just as scary as going into a random wooded area walking around. Plus its so long, it will be more of a workout for your legs...youll end up forgetting what you were originally there for because your legs will throb with pain.