New to area

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
mlmathe79
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

New to area

Post by mlmathe79 »

Hey all, just moved to the st louis area (metroeast) and can't wait to find all the great things to explore around here. Seems to be a really awesome site! Where should I go next? Only place around here i've seen is the E St Louis Armour plant, very cool. BTW, if anyone has a chance, the old mental home in Bartonville is the best old building I have ever explored, and it's only about 2-3 hrs from here. Hope to hear from ya all very soon-Matt
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

RE: New to area

Post by Chris »

Wow, two new people in one day! Welcome! The St. Louis group is just starting to get to know each other so you've come at a good time.

You might try driving down Rt. 3 to the Columbia Quarry.
tunajive
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by tunajive »

Great, now I have competition with another "Matt." :D

Welcome to the site, Chris pretty much said most of it. Not all too familiar with the Collinsville area as far as exploring goes but if you were to come into StL there are quite a few places.

The quarries Chris mentioned are very sweet as well.

-Matt
memory_machine
Resident Douchebag
Resident Douchebag

Post by memory_machine »

I had heard that Bartonville was pretty secure. Is that not the case anymore? Because that's one of the places I've always wanted to see.
inubis22
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by inubis22 »

Welcome, well like Matt(tunajive), and Chris have said the St. Louis group is just getting started. So it's a goodtime to have come. So hopefully we can continue growing our group and have some fun with it. Well if you would like to join us on some of our excursions lets us know. Mark
mlmathe79
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by mlmathe79 »

Yeah, Bartonville is somewhat secure, just gotta know where to go in at. Pvt owners now, are pretty cool (like not pressing charges) unless you do some stupid shit and tear stuff up. I used to live there and got pretty good at it. Just don't go on Haloween or any stupid shit, and you'll be ok. I usually go a couple of times a yr, so i'll let ya all know next time. Lookin' forward to checkin' stuff out, but my car took a crap now, so gotta get that fixed. I'm down with goin' anywhere (and will pay some gas 'till the car gets fixed) so let me know. Lookin forward to it.
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Re: New to area

Post by FiReDiVeR »

mlmathe79 wrote:Hey all, just moved to the st louis area (metroeast) and can't wait to find all the great things to explore around here. Seems to be a really awesome site! Where should I go next? Only place around here i've seen is the E St Louis Armour plant, very cool. BTW, if anyone has a chance, the old mental home in Bartonville is the best old building I have ever explored, and it's only about 2-3 hrs from here. Hope to hear from ya all very soon-Matt
Heymlmathe79 welcome to the site. I have some friends that live in Collinsville and I was Just wondering if you live there(collinsville) now or grew up there and moved to saint louis. I know you said "just moved to St. louis area" but that isn't far from collinsville. Just wondering.
Vega
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Vega »

Welcome to the area...I live in Collinsville as well. I don't really know of any place in Collinsville to explore, but it's pretty centrally located so you can easily get anywhere. Kudos on hitting up the armour plant...probably my favorite site.
mlmathe79
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by mlmathe79 »

No, I'm not from the area. I grew up in Chicago and went to school in Peoria. I'm living here because it's still kida close to city, yet much cheaper than chicago.
Vega
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: New to area

Post by Vega »

I love Chicago, but it is hella expensive. What part of Chicago are you from?