Triad Manufacturing Inc. Warehouse

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
Mining
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Triad Manufacturing Inc. Warehouse

Post by Mining »

Spooky, pitch-black, and entirely silent basement. Roof access took a second to find.

SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: Triad Manufacturing Inc. Warehouse

Post by SubLunar »

Hell yes. Still waiting on the neighbors to vacate the adjacent buildings.. and tunnels..
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

Nice shotz
Preservation over plunder.
Whitepanther
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by Whitepanther »

There’s rumors the remaining neighbors will vacate in the next five years. Awesome photos btw. Didn’t think the machinery would still be in tact that’s amazing.
Last edited by Whitepanther on Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VolcanoRaptor
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by VolcanoRaptor »

Cool shots, ive been wanting to check this place out. Theres some other vacant buildings very close by but i cant imagine they are as easy to access.
- Mon Key, Harbinger of the Homiepocalypze
billkey15
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by billkey15 »

Went to this spot first time urbexing, could just walk right in. One of the stairwells into the basement had an asbestos warning. Didn't go too far into the basement cause of that.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

billkey15 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:23 am Went to this spot first time urbexing, could just walk right in. One of the stairwells into the basement had an asbestos warning. Didn't go too far into the basement cause of that.
Gotta get you a respirator because there's a lot of asbestos in this hobby. I regret not wearing one more often.

Also: welcome, new person!
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

You know what they say about asbestos... you don't attack it, it won't attack you.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
VolcanoRaptor
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by VolcanoRaptor »

billkey15 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:23 am Went to this spot first time urbexing, could just walk right in. One of the stairwells into the basement had an asbestos warning. Didn't go too far into the basement cause of that.
sometimes those are the best spots
- Mon Key, Harbinger of the Homiepocalypze
Whitepanther
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by Whitepanther »

Nicotti wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:15 am You know what they say about asbestos... you don't attack it, it won't attack you.
Lol I never heard this one. Touché.

Not trying to be Mr. Scientist here but because I had it drilled into my head in school I’ll pass along that it takes only one spore of asbestos to the lungs to contract asbestosis. A teacher of mine had it and it’s a miserable fate. He couldn’t sleep lying down. Had to prop pillows on the floor by the couch and sleep on his knees with arms on the seat of the couch. I’m not gonna pretend I don’t chance it now and then because the reality is asbestos isn’t just insulation. They put that crap in literally everything from plaster to drywall to concrete to etc etc as a filler material at one point.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Whitepanther wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:10 am
Nicotti wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:15 am You know what they say about asbestos... you don't attack it, it won't attack you.
Lol I never heard this one. Touché.

Not trying to be Mr. Scientist here but because I had it drilled into my head in school I’ll pass along that it takes only one spore of asbestos to the lungs to contract asbestosis. A teacher of mine had it and it’s a miserable fate. He couldn’t sleep lying down. Had to prop pillows on the floor by the couch and sleep on his knees with arms on the seat of the couch. I’m not gonna pretend I don’t chance it now and then because the reality is asbestos isn’t just insulation. They put that crap in literally everything from plaster to drywall to concrete to etc etc as a filler material at one point.
Ugh. Yeah.. I really fucking wish I had been more cautious when I was starting out. I'm still not as careful as I should be and rarely bring a mask. But I keep a good one in my vehicle now so at least there's that.. But, for example: At the Harlem Valley State Hospital in New York, they had unused boxes of asbestos panels sitting around in a basement. We used some of the pieces as stepping stones over the flooded parts to avoid getting our boots wet..

Also! I'm hoping SOMEONE other than myself will fully appreciate this. I've made it a point to bring this up the last couple times asbestos was being discussed. So far it hasn't elicited much reaction which I find very disappointing in those with whom I associate.

There is a species of asbestos called "cummingtonite". That's right. Cummingtonite.

Found this book at the abandoned gasometer: https://sublunarphotography.blogspot.co ... meter.html
Attachments
3-15-09_277-1.jpg
3-15-09_277-1.jpg (68.93 KiB) Viewed 280 times
download.jpg
download.jpg (8.38 KiB) Viewed 280 times
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

I always think of that place you and I went into Sub, that we didn't explore fully cause of crazed homeless. Our entrance was thru a basement window straight into a utility room full of asbestos wrapped pipes. Stepped on one pipe to get in and out, avoided the rest like it was laser security.

Actual image of Sublunar

-Ayn Rand
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Happy 11k posts to me!!!

-Ayn Rand
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Nicotti wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:07 pm I always think of that place you and I went into Sub, that we didn't explore fully cause of crazed homeless. Our entrance was thru a basement window straight into a utility room full of asbestos wrapped pipes. Stepped on one pipe to get in and out, avoided the rest like it was laser security.
The Wolfner Memorial Library for the Blind at 3842 Olive St. In satellite view it looks to be completely renovated now as part of a large site. Interesting.
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

Nicotti wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:08 pm Happy 11k posts to me!!!
ayylmaocake.jpg
ayylmaocake.jpg (73.16 KiB) Viewed 248 times
Preservation over plunder.