Piasa caves mansion

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
iluvfatkat
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Piasa caves mansion

Post by iluvfatkat »

I've been to this spot multiple times, and although being home to a great view and street art it is in pretty rough condition. I was wondering if anyone else has been up there on this forum, if not i would be willing to go take some pictures as there is a pool and still decently in tact house.
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Re: Piasa caves mansion

Post by mindwaave »

The neighbors were around and easily concerned on my last 2 attempts, but perhaps I do not know the best route... Only ever made it to the spot once, year ago.
Preservation over plunder.
iluvfatkat
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by iluvfatkat »

I have spoken to one and they only ever worry about people going on the roof as it is very unstable, and people tend to fall through quite a bit. They also look out for larger groups as well, as it used to be a party spot. I only ever head up with one or two other people or alone, but please share your story.
Chubz
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Chubz »

Yes we were up there maybe a decade ago or so. It was in bad condition then, although I can only imagine what it looks like now. The house had been smashed up but we could still explore it all, mostly just the drywall was all busted at that point.

It's still a pretty popular spot for local high school kids to go explore.

You can park in the lot below and walk up that frontage road, there should be a dirt path that takes you up the side of the bluff, near where the road curves, and it leads you right to the pool area. Like I said it's been years since I went to that location, but i imagine the path still exists, although maybe with a bit of bushwacking. It's worth the privacy instead of coming in from the top side near the apartments and lived-in residences.

With a bit of googling you can find images of what it looked like previously.
ultimate lurker
iluvfatkat
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by iluvfatkat »

Oh yea, its been pretty bad for a bit. But the path you were talking ab does still exist although instead of leading directly to the pool it leads to the building right above the pool.