Grain elevators

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
VolcanoRaptor
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Grain elevators

Post by VolcanoRaptor »

wassup my brothers

ive been fascinated with grain elevators for a while now. i especially love the shitty scary elevators that they got, the ones with room for like one guy. has anyone had any luck exploring one?
- Mon Key, Harbinger of the Homiepocalypze
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Re: Grain elevators

Post by mindwaave »

lol you like em shitty huh? Damn pigeons.

I've been in/on top of some such structures, but nothing very small. I've seen stairs and ladders (or entire mills) that got torn-down or scrapped, and some with moldy grain dust in the air...

Preservation over plunder.
VolcanoRaptor
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by VolcanoRaptor »

mindwaave wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:24 am lol you like em shitty huh? Damn pigeons.

I've been in/on top of some such structures, but nothing very small. I've seen stairs and ladders (or entire mills) that got torn-down or scrapped, and some with moldy grain dust in the air...

thats bad ass. how do the interiors typically look? is there any cool remnants or is it typically just an empty space covered in bird shat?
- Mon Key, Harbinger of the Homiepocalypze
Machinist
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by Machinist »

A bit of a drive from St. Louis (near Rocheport), but you would probably like this one.

https://mafkc3.wordpress.com/2015/04/14 ... -elevator/
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

VolcanoRaptor wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:55 am
mindwaave wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:24 am lol you like em shitty huh? Damn pigeons.

thats bad ass. how do the interiors typically look? is there any cool remnants or is it typically just an empty space covered in bird shat?
If you like 'em shitty/scary, that's a good one. Also there's tons to see inside and floors to fall to your death through. It's not around here but also not like super far away.