Railway Exchange Building

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
haha420man
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Railway Exchange Building

Post by haha420man »

This building seems to have a few different entrances now, so much to explore inside it is unreal. Anyone interested in meeting up to explore more? Was wanting to get some pictures inside but too afraid to bring a good camera without a group of people (ran into a few different homeless people by myself)
FinnTheHuman
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Railway Exchange Building

Post by FinnTheHuman »

I'll be in the city soon with a friend or two. This spot has been on my watchlist for a long time if you'd like to join us. I've only scouted St. Louis online, so having someone who has already been in the exchange building as a guide would be nice...

I plan on entering through the abandoned parking garage that connects to the building via sky bridge. Based on what I'm seeing, the center of the exchange building is an open lobby with a massive skylight, right?
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

FinnTheHuman wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:17 am I plan on entering through the abandoned parking garage that connects to the building via sky bridge. Based on what I'm seeing, the center of the exchange building is an open lobby with a massive skylight, right?
Just so you know, that won't get you inside. There's a heavy security gate at the end of the sky bridge and it won't budge. Still, the parking garage and sky bridges are a decent way to spend an hour or so roaming around seeing the sights.

Also it's never a good idea to discuss points of entry publicly because that generally aways gets them sealed up quick.

I'd be down to go some time. This place has always been on my "in case we run out of other stuff to do" list but I haven't sufficiently run out of other stuff to do yet. We tried once which led to a humorous incident at a nearby business that I won't go into further details about here but if we ever meet, ask me about it and I'll spill the beans. It was a good time.
FinnTheHuman
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by FinnTheHuman »

My bad about mentioning the entrance. Been exploring far and wide for years but just now starting to post and share, so my etiquette isn't perfect.

Sub you are a beast, I've read tons of your posts on here and overall love the work you put into this forum. Would be an absolute privilege to meet up with you when I'm in the STL area. I have 50+ spots scouted in the city alone and will be there for two days, but I'm not sure what the best way to go about exchanging info would be.
haha420man
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by haha420man »

I would love to join/guide. You are correct that the center is a massive lobby, haven't had the chance to checkout the skylights, as, I have only been there at night. Not sure what the rules/guidance here is for sharing info, but if you have something I can add you on I would love to plan out a day to explore the place again.
The user below said that it is heavily guarded, but, that didn't appear to be the case the last few times I went. There was indeed what looked like a patrol car that waited near one of the only entrances, but they weren't there long before driving off.
haha420man
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by haha420man »

SubLunar wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:29 am
FinnTheHuman wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:17 am I plan on entering through the abandoned parking garage that connects to the building via sky bridge. Based on what I'm seeing, the center of the exchange building is an open lobby with a massive skylight, right?

The sky bridge isn't the only entrance. If you are down to go, maybe you, me, and the user above could plan out something.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

haha420man wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:07 am Not sure what the rules/guidance here is for sharing info, but if you have something I can add you on I would love to plan out a day to explore the place again.
Generally on the public facing forum you just want to avoid identifying entry points for any location. And the more historic/significant/vulnerable the location, the less it should be discussed publicly. The more attention something gets in the eyes of the public, the faster it gets wrecked/sealed up/alarmed.

In the case of this thread's subject.. eh.. kinda hard to hide the existence of a building in the middle of downtown that takes up an entire city block so not much point in pretending like it's a secret. But still, any entry points should definitely be kept private because we don't need to be making anyone's job easier to keep adventurous persons like ourselves out.
BossCCCP
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by BossCCCP »

My brother and I are heading into town, about an hour away, would love to meet someone who knows the areaas.
First time exploring stl