St. Clair Airport MO

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
fuzzytrexy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

St. Clair Airport MO

Post by fuzzytrexy »

Hello all this is my first post on the UO. I've been lurking for a long time and been a few places but since I had not seen anyone mention this place I thought I would make a post for it. This airport was made sometime in the 60s and all that remains is one singular hanger and some bathrooms so not much to see. There was also a small fuel tank as well. If you are ever in the area it might be worth checking out as it's a pretty chill spot.

If you would like to read up more on the airport here is a great website for it: http://www.airfields-freeman.com/MO/Airfields_MO_SE.htm

Anyways hope you enjoy the pictures.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Xof7eCT
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: St. Clair Airport MO

Post by Nicotti »

Welcome! Glad you came out of lurking iand into the light. :wink: Nice pics!
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Oh hey! Awesome thanks for posting.

I actually poked my head in there a year or so ago and it was FILLED with hay bales. Like you couldn't even walk through it except the very back rooms. I had my family in the car so I didn't really explore it, just popped in and verified it was doable and meant to come back some time.

Anything left worth seeing in the back rooms? Like a little control room or anything cool?

I'd love to take a vehicle or motorcycle out there and burn some rubber..
fuzzytrexy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by fuzzytrexy »

SubLunar wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:31 pm Oh hey! Awesome thanks for posting.

I actually poked my head in there a year or so ago and it was FILLED with hay bales. Like you couldn't even walk through it except the very back rooms. I had my family in the car so I didn't really explore it, just popped in and verified it was doable and meant to come back some time.

Anything left worth seeing in the back rooms? Like a little control room or anything cool?

I'd love to take a vehicle or motorcycle out there and burn some rubber..
Nah, there is nothing worth while seeing in the inside. Just one room and then the hanger. The room itself just has nothing in it. On the other hand it looks doable to get a motorcycle inside I would say.