The Diamonds Diner

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
Crimsonanngel
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

The Diamonds Diner

Post by Crimsonanngel »

Does anyone know if The Diamonds Diner still stands? I explored maybe 6 years ago when i was 17. The doors were just unlocked, the place had this feeling of life where there obviously was none but I can't seem to find an address to add it to my maps.
Crimsonanngel
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: The Diamonds Diner

Post by Crimsonanngel »

I am also extremely curious in places with a medical setting, I tried exploring the old nursing home down by the Black Madonna but security is tight and I was caught as soon as I stepped out of my car. I have been reading a lot of these posts and my number one problem is Saint Louis's favorite thing is to demolish all of our old buildings. So if anyone has any they'd be willing to share that you know are still standing please pm me. Thanks!
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Post by Chris »

The Diamonds is still there and still empty.
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

Crimsonanngel wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:29 ammy number one problem is Saint Louis's favorite thing is to demolish all of our old buildings.
Yeah, they've paved ways for hasty/shady/unqualified demolition of the historic city, instead of putting the legal and economic work into an incentive-framework for reuse and restoration. Just another tragedy...

http://preservationresearch.com/demolit ... -building/
https://news.stlpublicradio.org/governm ... evely-site
http://vanishingstl.blogspot.com/2016/
Preservation over plunder.
spllash0
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by spllash0 »

This thread is pretty old, but any chance it still stands?
VolcanoRaptor
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by VolcanoRaptor »

The spot near black madonna had no security when i visited recently. I got out of my car but didnt make any attempt to get in, the timing didnt feel right and i had my car parked right next to it anyway.
- Mon Key, Harbinger of the Homiepocalypze
S13SR20DET
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by S13SR20DET »

Checked out the diamonds diner tonight there’s 2 ways in one way u gotta be pretty skinny and the other you’d need a ladder or grappling hook to get on top and gain access.
S13SR20DET
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by S13SR20DET »

VolcanoRaptor wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:41 pm I tried to check out that spot near black Madonna too, is it usually all of those buildings or just that tall one? There was a car parked torward the back but I continued on, as I peeked through the window I saw a nun quickly open the blinds but she didn’t spot us, scared the shit out of us so we dipped. Is there more torwards the back?.