What's this Zombie Road stuff all about?

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

What's this Zombie Road stuff all about?

Post by Chris »

Ok, in my online research involving UE in the area, the talk of a place called 'Zombie Rd.' always comes up. I know it's near the Wabash, Frisco, and Pacific miniature steam railroad, which has been there 'since the 1940s. The road that runs along the miniature railroad tracks isn't a road at all and it never was. Where the little tracks run there was once big tracks. That's why there's what seems to be a road (now a bike trail and service road for the mini RR) there.

So where exactly is this Zombie Rd. and how do we get there? What's so special about the place and are there any abandonments, ruins, etc in the area? I know the bike trail/RR runs through an old sand dredging operation.

Me and a few freinds walked the trail in the middle of the night (actually I think it was about 1:30 AM) and didn't see anything weird other than some guys in a bass boat fishing in the Merimec.
tunajive
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

RE: What's this Zombie Road stuff all about?

Post by tunajive »

Don't bother with Zombie, it's a waste of time IMO. Back when I was in high school we used to off-road down off zombie but now its gate is locked and they are doing construction further down preventing a drivable exit. The only abandoned thing was an old concrete structure of a garage which isn't worth your time.

Plenty of hype and stories but nothing is really down there except a place to get drunk in high school and not have to worry about police. Now there is constrcution and not much else.

-Matt