Had a good Sunday full of exploration incl. Hunter packing

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Had a good Sunday full of exploration incl. Hunter packing

Post by Chris »

Well, we (me and Hunter) started out this morning visiting Hunter packing plant just down the street from the Armour plant we posted pics from earlier. It's more delapidated than Armour, but newer with not as much cool machinery. It's quite a bit larger, too. We recovered some papers, a check for $30,000, and some envelopes and advertising materials. There was paperwork EVERYWHERE. Much of it still in boxes in brand new condition.

Later on we wandered up and down the riverbank along the Mississippi in Carondelet. We found a very old, narrow, crumbling concrete staircase leading up the bluffs to an old foundation. Whatever was there isn't there any more, a new building is there now. We saw a barge teetering on a gravel dyke and another one sunk into the mud. Someday we'll go exlpore these. We also found this big drain thing with rubber flaps over the openings and a 50 foot tall room in it.

After that, we headed out hwy. 30 to West Watson road in Sunset Hills. There's a small abandoned school back there, and we found a way in through a broken window. There was some smoke detectors in there beeping because their batteries were dying...we just stood motionless until we figured out that it couldn't be the squeaking of somebody else's rubber soled shoes on the slick floors. It was pretty funny.

I'll post some pics later on, I've got to get to bed....
bluecookies
Buckeye
Buckeye

Re: Had a good Sunday full of exploration incl. Hunter packi

Post by bluecookies »

Chris wrote:We recovered... a check for $30,000,
???
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

RE: Had a good Sunday full of exploration incl. Hunter packi

Post by Chris »

Yep, there was paperwork everywhere...including tons of financial stuff.