Coal Mine Road [Lots of Pics]

Urban exploration in Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas
GuiShih
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Coal Mine Road [Lots of Pics]

Post by GuiShih »

Hello all:

The Hanzai have been busy, lately. I think my companions would sooner see me die of fatigue than cease infiltration for more than a few days. I guess what doesn't kill me will make me stronger... right?

Here are the results of another adventure: An abandoned building off the intersection of Coal Mine Rd and Blue Parkway. Lots of interesting sights to be seen.

Outside...

Interesting messages...

Found lots of these...

Interesting wallpaper...

This is when we started to worry...

A safe?

Addressess...

A little blood and bullets didn't keep us from going deeper...

Ok...

Ah, mystery solved...

What is wrong with my photographer...

I heard rumor of a cave with an underground lake near this location. Anyone have any specifics?
ze_beeved
Resident Mechanical God
Resident Mechanical God

RE: Coal Mine Road [Lots of Pics]

Post by ze_beeved »

Wow the posters I don't remember being there. Underground cave......you could say that. Actually it's an old coal mine. I would highly recommend if you find it, to go during the day so you can see the entrance once you're inside. It's HUGE inside there and quite easy to get lost.

http://www.kcurbex.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=136

Keep in mind, you're quite close to Kansas City public Works here so you don't want them to see you.

www.kcurbex.org Kansas City Urban Exploration site
I don't know where to start.....
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

LOL its a police training thing

they do this in the Oasis on N Glenson in Spfd

MCI people are like the CSI people on TV.

well for sure in Springfield they are called MCIs I could tell you all about this but i am sure it would be boring so i wont.
Kit wrote:I am old
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

Wrong! An MCI is EMS speak for Mass Casualty Incident. Basically this is a set for a disaster drill. Anytime you have more than three victims, your scene is technically a disaster, and becomes an EMS/Rescue Special Operation. The idea here is to practice triaging patients. Triage is a french word that means "to sort"- in essence you pick who will recieve treatment (and in what order) and who will be left for dead. Grisly work, but it's something all emergency workers must be prepared for. (There's a lot more to it, but I don't feel like writing out a huge spiel about MCIs... I doubt anyone here is terribly interested.)
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

for what that is it may be wrong

but they DO set up crime scenes in the Oasis and other places to test and train the police officers

MCIs (major crime investigations) ARE the CSI people here in Spfd. i know this for 100% sure.

And the crime scene stuff they set up for them to train/practice on looks a lot like that. :)
Kit wrote:I am old
KC77CJ7
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by KC77CJ7 »

That's all new since we checked out the building last time, maybe a month ago. Last time I was there I noticed the entrance was boarded up. And there were fresh concrete forms up top. Something must be happening there....
If you can read this, roll me back over....
bugo
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by bugo »

Blue Parkway at Coal Mine Road? Isn't that right next to LC's BBQ? Thanks a lot, now I'm craving LC's and I'm 400 miles away. Oh well, I got to have lunch at McClard's BBQ in Hot Springs last week.
KC77CJ7
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by KC77CJ7 »

LC's is at that intersection but the LaFarge building he is talking about is down Coal Mine Road a ways. However, that building is NOT the most interesting thing on that property. The coal mine is enormous and I would highly recommend it's exploration.
If you can read this, roll me back over....
gothstone
Beata Morte Perpetuum
Beata Morte Perpetuum

Post by gothstone »

If you go, leave my twine intact. I hate to leave something like that at a site, but its kept us from getting lost twice now.
2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2