Richards Gebauer

Urban exploration in Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas
CasperMilkToast
Bearer of Man-Thong
Bearer of Man-Thong

Richards Gebauer

Post by CasperMilkToast »

Today after work a co-worker and I took a stroll through Richards Gebauer. We were doing a little scout work and ended up doing a little exploring. Nothing fancy but hey, it was my first time out. I think I found a way into a hangar but would have to jump a fence w/ barbed wire. Not that big of a deal but not something you would want to do right after work w/o being prepared. We did go check out a pair of old structures that resemble a grain silos. Kinda odd for an air force base but I guess it could happen. We were wanting to get past it and over to the back of another area but the brush was a little to thick for this trip. As I said we were still in work clothes and had nothing but my camera. Here are some pics and hopefuly will get some more at a later date. Would really like to find a way into the underground sections too :)
Attachments
We climbed in and had a look around, nothing fancy unless you like half burnt newpapers and coupons.
We climbed in and had a look around, nothing fancy unless you like half burnt newpapers and coupons.
Inside2.jpg (13.12 KiB) Viewed 7287 times
A view looking up the outside of the second structure.
A view looking up the outside of the second structure.
Outside2.jpg (27.4 KiB) Viewed 7287 times
Woulda climbed up but didn't feel like getting spiders all over me at the time.
Woulda climbed up but didn't feel like getting spiders all over me at the time.
Outside1.jpg (23.63 KiB) Viewed 7287 times
Looks like a vent for underground ventalation. But not sure.
Looks like a vent for underground ventalation. But not sure.
UGVent.jpg (29.82 KiB) Viewed 7288 times
Nice size drain pipe here. Not too sure what is under it tho, was kinda hard to see into at the time.
Nice size drain pipe here. Not too sure what is under it tho, was kinda hard to see into at the time.
Drain.jpg (45.24 KiB) Viewed 7287 times
This would be the way into the hangar. The window is already busted.
This would be the way into the hangar. The window is already busted.
door---window.jpg (36.5 KiB) Viewed 7288 times
The problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time. - Robin Williams
Hiccup
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Richards Gebauer

Post by Hiccup »

thats awesome, bro.
i wanna go! i wanna go! :P
peterbillionaire
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by peterbillionaire »

the hangar looks real interesting; i hope that you get in and get some good pics; good luck! (with chain link fences, don't forget to check out the bottom; sometimes you can pull on the bottom of the chain link midway between two poles and slide through on the ground)
gothstone
Beata Morte Perpetuum
Beata Morte Perpetuum

Post by gothstone »

Be carefull, its not really an abandoned base. It is still maned by a small number of people, my neighbor actualy works there. I'll ask him if he can get us in and walk around with us to keep us out of trouble.
2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2
Grey
Drunk #3
Drunk #3

Post by Grey »

That looks really cool.
CasperMilkToast
Bearer of Man-Thong
Bearer of Man-Thong

Post by CasperMilkToast »

Any news on that offer Goth? Would be nice depending on what we could get into with him/her.
The problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time. - Robin Williams