Another one under our belt

Urban exploration in Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

RE: Another one under our belt

Post by Mindscape »

Youthsonic, he explained in another thread that he can't turn off the caps lock, because he usually posts from his work computer. Yes, it's annoying that he posts all in caps.

However, it's even more annoying when people can't convey their thoughts through simple writing, and have to use utterly inane pictures butchered by some eight-year-old crackbaby.

Congratulations, you've stepped dead-center into one of my biggest pet peeves.
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."
youthsonic
Urban Perversion
Urban Perversion

Post by youthsonic »

Well, he explained his situation after I made my post. Granted, Maddox is an ass, but after reading that post on his web site this image is now the first thing that comes to my mind whenever anyone posts in caps. Consider me scarred for life.
"fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"
staubio
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: Another one under our belt

Post by staubio »

KC77CJ7 wrote:Ok, the back up system for the batteries is coming along. But I made some greater progress with the light itself. It originally had two 6v 4ah batteries wired in series to get the 12v needed for the bulb (100w automotive style by the way, I know you were wondering.) I took it apart and with a little modification I squeezed a 12v 9ah battery in there. It will last 2.25x as long now. Plus I will use the old battery as the new backup system, along with the NiMH cell set I made up for the backup's backup. All in all the math says it should be about 2.5 hours of light, including all the backups. That should be sufficient don't you think? The next lighting idea I have is a really compact generator/flood light setup. We'll see how that goes. Later beav.
Nothing beats a HID setup. I race endurance mountain bike races and I have HID technology lights. 4-5 hours of burn time and they are bright as sunlight. They are pricey, but worth it. I use NiteRider, but there are a lot of options out there. If you do a lot of exploring, I'd consider it. I often go on late night rides that end up in tunnels and culverts and we blaze on with our lights.
KC77CJ7
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by KC77CJ7 »

I checked out HID for the flashlight - runs around $99 per bulb and $109 for a ballast. A LOT pricey. It uses a 100w Phillips Halogen H3, so if you know of an upgrade from that....
If you can read this, roll me back over....
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: Another one under our belt

Post by White Rabbit »

youthsonic wrote:Seriously though, does anyone think that there is any areas where you have to have waders to get to? It may be worthwhile just to bring them along anyway.
I've been to places in there that you absolutely couldn't get to without waders. There are some flooded office hallways and things back there with waist-deep water that you couldn't fit a boat through. A kayak would probably fit, though.