8th street tunnel

Urban exploration in Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas
bluecookies
Buckeye
Buckeye

8th street tunnel

Post by bluecookies »

I was putting an article and some pictures together of the 8th street tunnel for someone and I was reading WR's blog about going down there and everyones comments that went with it about locating the entrance. Of course I don't expect anyone to come right out and tell me where the entrance is (though via PM it is welcome, haha) but from what I read there have been several visits made down there from different people and groups who have found the entrance. Isn't it locked? It makes it sound like as long as you know where the entrance is, your good to go. I would think that with something like this they would do a pretty darn good job making sure people stayed out. Comments?
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

RE: 8th street tunnel

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

This is a really iffy subject. Lately, I think the tunnel has been seeing a ton of activity. The people in charge of it have been showing signs of concern as well. With so much activity, one can only assume a more permanent solution will come about.

As for you finding the entrance, all I can really suggest is that you start researching. Find out where the tunnel was located and go from there. Honestly, I can't believe how quickly people have been finding it lately.
We might die from medication
But we sure killed all the pain ~ Conor Oberst
kcexplorer
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by kcexplorer »

it took my group a while to find it but it was worth it but i agree that the tunnel has been seeing alot of action lately
i drove by last night and there was some sort of security walking around the street i asked him who he worked for and it was not the building in which the tunnel is locoated
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Re: RE: 8th street tunnel

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

kcexplorer wrote:it took my group a while to find it but it was worth it but i agree that the tunnel has been seeing alot of action lately
i drove by last night and there was some sort of security walking around the street i asked him who he worked for and it was not the building in which the tunnel is locoated
How many others do you explore with. Are any of them on this forum as well?
We might die from medication
But we sure killed all the pain ~ Conor Oberst
kcexplorer
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by kcexplorer »

usually about 4-5 but it varies hit me up with a pm and you can come out with us we hit some really good spots we have a fall out shelter were checking out this weekend..
TR146x
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by TR146x »

Here's a link to some decent stuff on the tunnel.

http://images.kclibrary.org/localhistor ... iaID=35550