MCI in Independence?

Urban exploration in Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas
elbrento
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

MCI in Independence?

Post by elbrento »

Hello! I have been lingering for a long time and finally found a spot to explore (maybe) so I decided to get everyones opinion. Everyday I drive by the old MCI hospital in Independence and it looks like a golden opprotunity to sight see. It is on the corner of 291 and 23rd St and it has been closed for a year or two now. Any thoughts?
Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Re: MCI in Independence?

Post by Scout »

It's closed down? Did they close down the whole complex or just the hospital? There was a nursing home and assisted care living units. My Great Aunt was in the latter two and my cousin moved her to one in Raytown. Now we don't know where. That might explain it.
"That old hag hates my ass."
Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Re: MCI in Independence?

Post by Scout »

http://kansascity.bizjournals.com/kansa ... t=pn_pn_lk

I think you'll find the place overrun with rentacops.
"That old hag hates my ass."
hamster
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: MCI in Independence?

Post by hamster »

They were having a sale with all the old stuff from there. I was going just to explore. I snuck into the base and got some pictures of the maintenance area and machine rooms. I never did find the morgue, dangit. But the owner is nice, they also bought the hospital on Truman road.

sorry, pics taken with my phone.

it was about 2 years ago. may have a bad time getting in now. i think most the doors and stuff were chained shut because of the people stealing copper and what not.