Kauffman/Arrowhead Tunnel

Urban exploration in Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas
atron
Jedi Infiltrator
Jedi Infiltrator

Kauffman/Arrowhead Tunnel

Post by atron »

Has anyone ever been in the tunnel that connects Kauffman Stadium and Arrowhead? I was curious to just how wide it is and if theres anything else under there other than the locker rooms.
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

RE: Kauffman/Arrowhead Tunnel

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

I've been in a storm drain that travels completely under both stadiums... it's kinda neat.

As for the tunnel you're thinking of: nope. I'd like to see if we could get in though. Know anymore about it? What are the chances some regular chaps like us could just waltz through it?
We might die from medication
But we sure killed all the pain ~ Conor Oberst
atron
Jedi Infiltrator
Jedi Infiltrator

Post by atron »

I know there are stadium tours that used to walk into it about 1/4 of the way in Kauffman but I havent been on one in about 10 years. If it still does though I wonder how hard it would be to stray away from it??????
ze_beeved
Resident Mechanical God
Resident Mechanical God

Re: RE: Kauffman/Arrowhead Tunnel

Post by ze_beeved »

S1L3N7B0B wrote:I've been in a storm drain that travels completely under both stadiums... it's kinda neat.

As for the tunnel you're thinking of: nope. I'd like to see if we could get in though. Know anymore about it? What are the chances some regular chaps like us could just waltz through it?

Sounds like both are worth checking out...and 5 minutes from my house :D
I don't know where to start.....
thetrio
Whiskey Tango
Whiskey Tango

Post by thetrio »

There is a tunnel that connects the two stadiums, but the chances of getting in are slim. The only reason I know about this is my aunt used to work there and has been through them, but I have heard that security is pretty tight there.
I went over to the dark side, but just to pick up a few things.
atron
Jedi Infiltrator
Jedi Infiltrator

Post by atron »

I got 4 rows behind homeplate tickets for my birthday, bad thing is that it against the WSox!
staubio
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by staubio »

I've been in the connecting tunnel between the two. Basically, if you are standing on the south side of the stadiums between them, you can look ahead and see a ramp that goes down. On game days, you can see busses unloading with people going in there because concession fundraisers go down the ramp to get aprons/hats/etc. Beyond that, you've got several tiers of security personnel. The entrance tunnel reaches a T intersection with a sign that indicates right for Kauffman, left for Arrowhead. I took a left and ended up right on the concourse around section 118.

I think I got away with this for several reasons:
-I was fully dressed in mountain bike gear. The local mountain bike patrol often works at games and thus is probably cleared through security. Though I was not working the game, they didn't check me out. I just acted like I was supposed to be there and that I was in a bit of a hurry. Your results may vary. If you can't cut it, don't spoil it for the rest of us.
-It was early afternoon on the day of the Big XII Championship game. Security was pretty light and mostly just vending volunteers were around. I actually rode right up and have a picture of myself with my bike in the stands.

The tunnel isn't that interesting, though. It is your standard, run of the mill stadium tunnel that is fully developed and used by security and staff. Nothing "off the beaten path" about it.
nuskool
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by nuskool »

i've been through the tunnel by raytown road, it's a helluva long walk but pretty cool though
kc explorers member
-security gaurds are just speedbumps-
-woogie boogie bitches!