Party invite!

Urban exploration in Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

RE: Party invite!

Post by White Rabbit »

Dude! You do that on a Sunday that's not a holiday, and I'm SO there.
azma
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by azma »

thats is absolutly beautiful.
_J_
LadyDragonsblood
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by LadyDragonsblood »

Yes, real nice for a bunch of grownups to get drunk and play with fire....your lucky that it did not get out of control and accidently kill someone.

Do people not think before they do something??

What is this doing to the environment? The animals, the creek it's self...or don't you care?

I am surprised at some of the people on this forum that think this kind of behaviour is proper or "cool".
LadyDragonsblood

"Come on now Alice, your probably making a meatloaf out of a hamburger" Sam "The Butcher" Franklin
thetrio
Whiskey Tango
Whiskey Tango

Post by thetrio »

mmmhmhmhm...fire...FIRE!! yeah..yeah..

Seriously though it was on the fourth of july, its unamerican not to blow the crap out of something.
I went over to the dark side, but just to pick up a few things.
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Re: RE: Party invite!

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

LadyDragonsblood wrote:Yes, real nice for a bunch of grownups to get drunk and play with fire....your lucky that it did not get out of control and accidently kill someone.

Do people not think before they do something??

What is this doing to the environment? The animals, the creek it's self...or don't you care?

I am surprised at some of the people on this forum that think this kind of behaviour is proper or "cool".
That wasn't very light hearted at all. And to specify, it's a creek bed, not a creek. It's long since dried up. Second of all, the last time I checked, this isn't a weekend affair - once a year at that. The damage it could have done is simply insignificant. Now you're gonna tell me you're a member of PETA, right?
We might die from medication
But we sure killed all the pain ~ Conor Oberst
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Post by Mindscape »

A) I thought you said you grew up in Arkansas... you know, the land of getting drunk and shooting things with shotguns. We just prefer fireballs, and not necessarily getting drunk to do it.

B) If you don't like it, don't attend. It's not like you're required to like things that we do or anything. This is America, after all, and while it's now the land of Whine If You Don't Like It, it used to be the Land Of The Freedom To Do Whatever You Want As Long As Nobody Gets Hurt. If it helps make you feel better, call it a religious need to see huge gouts of flame.

C) Even if it were an actual creek (which it was stated that it wasn't), explosions aren't necessarily bad for it. Fire, you will note, is put out by water. Thus, setting off an explosion in a creek is difficult (not impossible), and tends to be short-lived and more easily contained than setting off an explosion anywhere else.

D) As for the animals, do a little research before you complain. In a creekbed, you will likely find quite a few insects, maybe a couple of mice, and basically nothing else. While larger vertebrates do tend to use creekbeds as paths, just because they tend to be clearer than your standard straight line through the woods, the presence of humans in large numbers would have driven them away from not only the immediate area of the explosion, but also very likely from the entire vicinity, perhaps half a mile or more in radius.

Yes, a few mice, maybe a rabbit, may possibly have lost their lives. If so, it would have been due to oxygen starvation due to the fire's consumption of the O2 in the air, not due to the explosion itself. Otherwise, the only things effected were almost certainly invertebrates. Since it was a dry creek bed, there probably weren't even any amphibians in the area.

Seriously, get your priorities straight. You love reminiscing about how you traipsed about on private property, but you're all up in arms about a single controlled explosion out in the middle of nowhere with fifty people keeping tabs on it? What gives?
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."
KansasCity
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

Post by KansasCity »

I don't think you should metion anything about dying rabbits on this forum. You might piss the leader guy off. I think the main concern may have been pollution. You wouldn't want to dump a couple gallons of oil in the creek bed. I'm sure water runs through there during a hard rain. But since it was gas, most of if probably got burned. Still, you don't know how much soaked far enough down not to be burnt. I don't care though, I want to go next year and take part!
youthsonic
Urban Perversion
Urban Perversion

Re: RE: Party invite!

Post by youthsonic »

S1L3N7B0B wrote:Now you're gonna tell me you're a member of PETA, right?
Mmmmm PETA - People for the Eating of Tasty Animals!
"fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"
gothstone
Beata Morte Perpetuum
Beata Morte Perpetuum

Post by gothstone »

LadyDragonsblood - Wow, chill! Only 2 things live in that creek. These weird plants that do not burn (even though the fire gets hot enough to melt metal), and plants that do burn. Not even any insects live there. Its normaly dry, but gets several inches deep when it rains, so its a lousy habitat for most things. In the city it would be called storm drian, and made of concrete.

After I set off the creek, the next thing I do is run around with a hose to put out any small fires down the creek. I also don't get drunk till we are done with fireworks and the creek is at least down to camp fire size. Also, most of my comic friends don't drink, so there are pleanty of people to watch those who do.

As to being lucky it didn't get out of control, I have done this for 8 years now. The worst injury ever from the creeks is that I once got posion oak while cutting wood for it. The worst injury durring the party we ever had was me burning my thumb from a big fuse. Niether is life threatening. Frankly I have goten rather worse injuries UE'ing. The envoronment is far less controled. I'm supprised you feel safe enough to go exploreing. Do you take your blankie?

As for the environment, unless you drive an electric or hydrogen fule cell car, fuck off. The emissions from burning wood and 5 gallons of gas at that temp (far higher than your car) are less then you put in the air in a week of driveing. The creek has been affected a bit I will admit. Far from killing off the weeds (which was my mothers origional goal when she asked me to start a small fire all those years ago), the plant life has become far more abundant. Do some research, small area fires are actualy great for most plantlife. Ash is great furtalizer.

I'm sorry you don't think I'm cool, does that mean your breaking up with me? Oh, wait a min, I've never even heard of you before, so what the fuck do I care what you think?!?

To those who posted after this dumbass: Thanks, and try to come out next year, when I will not only blow up the creek again, but be roasting a rabbit over it while spraying CFC ladden aerosols, and makeing sure to be very drunk and dangerous! :)
2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Post by Mindscape »

Oooh... I love CFC Rabbit. It's almost as good as KFC Chicken, and probably less lethal.
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."
LadyDragonsblood
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by LadyDragonsblood »

I am sincerly sorry for my comments, gothstone...I hope your parties are a continued sucess.

I hope you can forgive me.

Thanks,

LadyDragonsblood
AKA Susan
LadyDragonsblood

"Come on now Alice, your probably making a meatloaf out of a hamburger" Sam "The Butcher" Franklin