Party invite!

Urban exploration in Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas
gothstone
Beata Morte Perpetuum
Beata Morte Perpetuum

Party invite!

Post by gothstone »

Ok, this is a bit early, but I wan't people to get this on their calendars. I would like to invite all of you to Arsonfest on the 4th of july out at my moms place in kearney. I normaly start the party around dusk, but I'm thinking we can do a bit of exploring beforehand if we can try to get there around 2. The Jesse James museum and burial ground and Watkins mill are the "tourist traps" in the area, but I'm sure there is a lot out there thats not run of the mill. Anyway, we always have a hell of a fireworks show, swim in the pool, and blow up the creek. This year I'm useing a hydrogen bomb :) You can see some pics at
http://gothstone.com/?dir=%2FTodd%2FArsonfest+2002
and
http://gothstone.com/?dir=%2FTodd%2FArsonfest+2003

I figure it will be a hell of a party, and a good chance to met some of you. I hope to see you at future UE meetups, but mabey we cann all wee some different people at this.

For those of you who think I stole the name from 98.9/Johny Dare, you've got it backwards. I was talking to him at a concert my senior year of high school, and what do you know, next July he steals my name.
2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

RE: Party invite!

Post by White Rabbit »

Oh man. If it weren't like a cardinal sin for me to not go to my grandparents' house for the 4th, I would totally be there. That looks like a ton of fun.

We do something similar every 4th of July, too. We break out my potato cannon. Except, my potato cannon isn't one of those crappy little hair spray powered things (although I have a couple of those, too). My cannon runs off compressed air from an air compressor. If you shot at a person point blank, you could literally shoot a potato straight through them, I shit you not. I've seen it go through an old house, four inch pieces of wood, sheet metal. It's insane.

We also usually do dry ice bombs. I'm hesitant to even use the word "bomb," because it's not really a bomb and because people always freak out when they heard that word (especially on the internet). It's basically just a really, really, REALLY loud harmless popping toy.

If you ever have one of these on a non-holiday, I'd probably be into going.
Pyrate
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Pyrate »

Oh, that sounds awesome. I'm there. I hope. Maybe. We'll see.
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

White Rabbit wrote:We also usually do dry ice bombs.
You don't say "bomb" on a forum!
We might die from medication
But we sure killed all the pain ~ Conor Oberst
thetrio
Whiskey Tango
Whiskey Tango

Post by thetrio »

I will try and go sounds fun. Dry ice in pop bottles is so loud, almost as loud as real M-80's.
I went over to the dark side, but just to pick up a few things.
gothstone
Beata Morte Perpetuum
Beata Morte Perpetuum

Post by gothstone »

Ok, more info on the party. I am PM'in the address/GPS coords to anyone who is interested, just reply or pm me.

Anyone who wants to go exploring should be there about 2:00pm. I still need more ideas on places in Kearney BTW.

The party will start at 7:00pm. The pool is open, so bring suits (at least untill my kids go to bed :) )

I have 3 24 packs of Bud light, and some random booze, if you want anything specific, please bring some.

DJ Bludston will be running my PA system for music, he has a hell of a lot of music, but bring anything you really want to here.

The creek will get blown up at 9:00pm. I'm running short on time and cash, so the hydrogen bomb will have to wait till next year, but I'll still get a hell of an explosion with gas. If you have any brush or yard waste, your welcome to add it to the pile. Also, any flamables (gas, kerosine, oil, paint thinner, etc) from the garage you want to get rid of can be brought and added to the mix.

The fireworks show will happen when I'm done makeing sure the creek fire won't spread too much. I generaly concentrate on aerials, so you might want to grab some small stuff. I highly suggest crazy harrys warehouse on 291 near liberty, they allways have good deals, and they keep their shit dry. The only thing not alowed are Saturn Missiles, I have issues with them. Don't bother getting bottle rockets, we always end up with 20 or 30 gross left over the next morning.

If you are a drinker, feel free to stay the night, but you might want to bring a tent cuz the house will be full. Mom lives on 3.5 acres, so there is pleanty of room for anyone who needs it.

There will be a hell of a lot of very different kinds of people there. Several local comedians, both friends of mine and friends of theirs. UE peeps, gays, straits, bi's, tri's?, DJ's, computer geeks, renfest actors, etc.

If anyone wants to know more, just ask! Hope to see several of you there!
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

That sounds downright awesome. I really wish I could make it to that. My plans are really weird right now. I'm not really sure what's going on and where I'm going to be yet.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Dude, you've GOT to take some video of blowing up the creek and share it with those of us that can't be there.
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

Hey WR, I'm suprised you haven't posted a "1000th post" thread. :)
gothstone
Beata Morte Perpetuum
Beata Morte Perpetuum

Post by gothstone »

Well, I have tried for the last 3 years. The first 2 years I was pissed at the wife, I thought she forgot to turn on the camera. Last year I set it up myself, but still had nothing on tape. I finaly figured out that the shockwave was momentaraly killing the camera. I have a new camera now, so I'm hopeing to get vid this year. Keep your fingers crossed, or better yet, find a way to show up! :)
youthsonic
Urban Perversion
Urban Perversion

Post by youthsonic »

if someone got the PM from gothstone giving directions, can you please forward it to me? I just got the OK from the wife and have not been able to reach him...

thx
"fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"
gothstone
Beata Morte Perpetuum
Beata Morte Perpetuum

Post by gothstone »

ok boys and girls, heres some of what all of you but youthsonic missed!
Attachments
my fire giveing me the finger :)
my fire giveing me the finger :)
fire2.jpg (42.99 KiB) Viewed 10286 times
The initial blast
The initial blast
fire1.jpg (76.47 KiB) Viewed 10286 times
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Post by Mindscape »

Niiiiiiiice.

Blowity-uppy goodness in my veins.
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."
youthsonic
Urban Perversion
Urban Perversion

Post by youthsonic »

I felt the shockwave from over 100 foot away... I'll post pics and vid as soon as I get a chance.
"fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

Damn! I wish i could have made it. :cry: