Attachments
P3270007_1.jpg
P3270007_1.jpg (37.88 KiB) Viewed 26541 times
Pyrate
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Sauer Castle.

Post by Pyrate »

I love that place. I went last night after we visited the Rosedale arch. Didn't sneak in or anything.

Next time I'm up there during the day I'll get the address of the caretakers. Or knock on the door or something.
Next time out sea bring enough soil to bury me, for I don't want my final jig in the belly of a squid.
safetypinpunker
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by safetypinpunker »

I found this website on Sauer Castle... this guy really knows his stuff- al lot of research was put into this site. Thought everyone might enjoy...
http://www.ghost-investigators.com/Stor ... ory_num=20
also... you should really check out the posts here...
http://www.angryorcs.com/seekers/cgi-bi ... 3;start=15
turns out the owner of the property lives in NY
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

I'm a historic preservationist, but in my opinion the preservation societies are nothing more then a henederance and just a royal pain in the ass!
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
N8L0
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by N8L0 »

Hey guys I ALMOST got arrested trying to get in this place a few years ago. The groundskeepers watch the place very very close and there are motion detector lights. Sorry but I really don't see you getting in.

When I was there we meandered the first floor and went up the belltower. It was old and falling apart, dangerouns but interesting none the less. There is a slave shed on the outskirts of the building, and a spooky vibe all around the place. Allegedly there is a tunnel underneath that runs all the way down to the kaw river but I never found it.

The best way to get to it would be take I-35 to 18th street expressway north, take the steele road exit and turn east. At the first stop sign turn left. At the next stop sign turn right. Go down a few blocks and you will see shawnee drive on your left, turn left and it winds right around to it. It will be on your right hand side.

From I-70 take the 18th street expressway exit south and get off on steele road. Turn left. Come to the stop sign and turn left. Go down to the next stop sign turn right. Make a left on shawnee drive and follow it around.

You can actually see the belltower from I-35 between cambridge circle and 18th street if you look hard enough.

Good luck to whomever tries this, I just wouldn't recommend it.
Some of lifes best kept secrets, are hidden under quality hill.
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

that place looks awesom to explore
Dogpatch Expert
safetypinpunker
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

After the Royals game on Thursday night, my friends and I went by the castle. It was really weird because lights were on on the bottom floor. Has anyone else been by at night and seen this or was this a fluke?
Pyrate
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Pyrate »

Yeah. I was there like two weeks ago and I saw lights. Oooooeeeeeoooooo.

(That was more of a Mentok the Mindtaker noise than a scary noise, wasn't it?)
Next time out sea bring enough soil to bury me, for I don't want my final jig in the belly of a squid.
N8L0
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by N8L0 »

Yeah the lights are on, they are reonnovating the interior and are going to open it as a museum.
Some of lifes best kept secrets, are hidden under quality hill.
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

wow...post stories..pics...etc. etc.
safetypinpunker
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

N8Lo- Are you for sure they are opening a museum there? That would be amazing! Then I could see the inside for sure :)
Pyrate
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Pyrate »

They've been talking about renovating it forever, it hasn't happened yet.

And museum for what? There's nothing really remarkable about the family that lived there. The guy was going to fix it up and live in it again, to keep it in the family, but everytime a window is fixed someone just throws a brick through it again.
hakker3089
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by hakker3089 »

I just went up there today and the place is run down pretty bad. There are no actual roads that lead up to the back of the house but I did find a few dead end streets near the house, and by walking threw some "THICK" brush you could easily enter the backside of the house undetected. Anyone care to take a chance and go inside some night im me.
ARLT1YJ
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: Sauer Castle.

Post by ARLT1YJ »

Anyone tried to gain access to this castle in the past 18 months???
Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Re: Sauer Castle.

Post by Scout »

Dunno, but I've read about this quite a bit. Dang sure don't go on Halloween. They protect it furiously supposedly on that night and for good reason. Lots of weirdos hanging around it and trying to gain access on Halloween.
"That old hag hates my ass."