New KC user

Urban exploration in Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas
ze_beeved
Resident Mechanical God
Resident Mechanical God

New KC user

Post by ze_beeved »

Hi all, I'm new to this board. An active KC urban explorer but I must be doing something wrong because I can never seem to find anything to explore. Recently I found out about the 8th st tunnel so some friends and I went looking for a few hours to find it. Haha ya.....not a bit of luck. Any one have any hints on how to get to it? Or can anyone PM me about the location? It'd be must appreciated. Maybe I'll see some of you out sometime!
thetrio
Whiskey Tango
Whiskey Tango

RE: New KC user

Post by thetrio »

i am one of the poeple in beeves group and we seriously looked for about 4 hours on foot and countless hours reasearching and still cannot find it. although we have come up with a good theory and plan to look again soon. any clues would be helpful to us newbies. thanks.
youthsonic
Urban Perversion
Urban Perversion

Post by youthsonic »

PM me with your theory and I'll let you know if you are close ;-)
"fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"
Pyrate
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Pyrate »

Hey! I'm also new and looking for cool places for beginners. Places where I won't get caught or seriously injured are prefered. I won't mind those with a little experience under my belt, but at this point it's a plus.

Also, my friend PJ said something to me about an old Tuberculosis Quarantine hospital out by Arrowhead and Kauffman. Sound familiar to anyone?
thetrio
Whiskey Tango
Whiskey Tango

Post by thetrio »

I went to this old hostpital back in my high school days. this was about ten years ago. it was really cool but i have heard it has been torn down. it was pretty risky to get into though, you have to seak around a prison to get there and cops are always patrolling. as a matter of fact we were busted coming out of there one time.
youthsonic
Urban Perversion
Urban Perversion

Post by youthsonic »

Just wanter to say "Welcome" to the new KC people... We all need to get together and do some explorin'. Pyrate, send me a PM and I can point you to some sites you'd like.
"fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"
phisherman_77
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: New KC user

Post by phisherman_77 »

Pyrate wrote:Hey! I'm also new and looking for cool places for beginners. Places where I won't get caught or seriously injured are prefered. I won't mind those with a little experience under my belt, but at this point it's a plus.

Also, my friend PJ said something to me about an old Tuberculosis Quarantine hospital out by Arrowhead and Kauffman. Sound familiar to anyone?
that's the old Leeds tuberculosis hospital...it used to sit on the grounds of the KC Correctional Facility...the municipal jail...it was torn down 3 or 4 years ago...way too risky though, you used to get it through a path in the woods off of raytown road. they got smart though and closed off the road and then the only way to get to it was to try to sneak through the prison's parking lot to get to a service road that led to the actual hospital...to get to the old site, take blue ridge boulevard south from I-70 to raytown road, go west on raytown road, then go about 2 or 3 miles until you see a small park on the right side of the road..when you see this, hang a left and follow the winding road and at the top of the hill you'll see the prison...the hospital used to sit behind it

i've been trying to find someone w/ pics of this place forever as i went to it a bunch in high school to scare the girlies...they'd really hold onto you tight in that freaky ass place

bp
Pyrate
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Pyrate »

Dammit. I miss out on all the good stuff.
thetrio
Whiskey Tango
Whiskey Tango

Post by thetrio »

Sorry you were to late to see it. I dont have any pics however i do have a can of civil defense survival crackers that came from there.
I went over to the dark side, but just to pick up a few things.
phisherman_77
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by phisherman_77 »

yeah, doesn't surprise me...my buddies took some of the same crackers, at one time there were tons of those things in there...

bp
thetrio
Whiskey Tango
Whiskey Tango

Post by thetrio »

yea we found a whole room full of them on one of the lower levels. we got cought by the cops coming out of there with them and the cops thought they were cool and asked for a tin of them. we gave them one and they let us go. :D
phisherman_77
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by phisherman_77 »

the funny part about that place is I have a friend that grew up within 2 or 3 miles of the hospital in raytown..

he swears from his childhood that there are actual tunnels and subbasements all throughout the grounds of the hospital, you just had to know where to find them...know anything about these?

when we explored it, 10-15 years ago, your main goal was to watch out for the holes in the floors..

bp
thetrio
Whiskey Tango
Whiskey Tango

Post by thetrio »

We went into the basement and into the old boiler room. We looked around quite a bit but i dont remember any tunnels. one thing i do remember was a room with a steel door and a window. the door was sealed tight and we couldnt get in. I always wanted to know what was there, it was on one of the main hospital levels.