OK, need to do something other than meetup.com...

Urban exploration in Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas
youthsonic
Urban Perversion
Urban Perversion

OK, need to do something other than meetup.com...

Post by youthsonic »

http://www.meetup.com/changes/
Well, it was cool while it lasted, but I'm not too sure that bob would want to keep the service if it costs him money, and I wouldn't blame him. 19$ a month is quite steep as well considering all they offer are crappy forums and something that amounts to a calendar that allows you to set events. Hell, even the reduced 9$ a month is too much, and that price is only temporary.
"fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

RE: OK, need to do something other than meetup.com...

Post by Kit »

very cool i didnt know about that place. It looks pretty neat. And if i were a vampire or a stay at home pegan i know it would help to know that there were others like me out there
Kit wrote:I am old
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

You know, I could never get meetup.com to work for me anyway. I don't know what the deal was. But, I do wish there was a free alternative that was as well-known.

I still want you to advertise your meetups in the forum of course :)
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

Well, I already made a post in the message board there about how they can contact me and also referals to this site and UER. You were right that I didn't want to deal with that crap. Hopefully the post will stay there even if I drop from group organizer. It would be unfortunate for the meetup group to just disapeer if the fee isn't paid. I know it was one of the only things that showed up on google when I was first learning about local UE'ing. In fact I think it was started by good ol' Slim Jim...who hasn't been down in ages.

W/R, is there anyway you can link Underground Ozarks to Kansas City related stuff as well? I don't really know how google works with the robots.txt files and such...probably not even do-able on your side of things.

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted and I did meet a lot of cool people (youthsonic included :wink: ). Maybe it's not necessarily the end and people will work a little harder to find out about KCUrbEx.
We might die from medication
But we sure killed all the pain ~ Conor Oberst
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: OK, need to do something other than meetup.com...

Post by White Rabbit »

S1L3N7B0B wrote:W/R, is there anyway you can link Underground Ozarks to Kansas City related stuff as well?
Well, sort of, although it won't all happen overnight. When I come up Sunday, I'm hoping to get like at least a half dozen KC locations to put up on the site. Once I do that, the KC stuff will start showing up on Google within a few days probably. Once that happens, more KC-ers will start coming in (and linking to us), especially from the blog which gets a LOT of search engine traffic.

Anyway, the end idea is that once I get a bunch of KC locations up, we'll have a stready stream of KC-ers just like we do with the Springfieldians now (except probably way more since KC is way bigger than Springfield).
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

Fair enough. You know what time you get in town on Sunday?
We might die from medication
But we sure killed all the pain ~ Conor Oberst
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: OK, need to do something other than meetup.com...

Post by White Rabbit »

S1L3N7B0B wrote:Fair enough. You know what time you get in town on Sunday?
Sorta. PM-ing you.