to say hello my fellow uers

Urban exploration in Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas
pbr street gang
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

to say hello my fellow uers

Post by pbr street gang »

holy crap, i thought i was the only one. i am so excited i may make the pee pee. this site is awesome

stuff i have got to see. i know where there is a nike missle site on fort leavenworth. i was there in the 80s and a couple years ago too. i would be willing to show others that will show there places

i have been inside some areas of barney allis plaza. these areas are locked. i previously worked for a company that had access.

the flour silos.

i got booted out of union station tee hee. i got to see some good stuff first.

when i lived in salt lake city i got into a closed athletic club. it was wild because all the crap was still there. we we bowled a few frames but it sucks setting pins manualy. this was in the 80s im sure its long gone.

i got to see some tunnels under st marys college in leavenworth.

i have been on this weird kick of finding old cemetarys and mausoleums.

i live in grandview and i would like some invites if you please.
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Re: to say hello my fellow uers

Post by Kit »

Hello :)
Kit wrote:I am old
KansasCity
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

Post by KansasCity »

HI pbr. I'll meet up with you when ever you want.
I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition is to eat, drink, and be Mary.

Aka Gringo Loco on KcUrbex.org and UER
pbr street gang
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: to say hello my fellow uers

i saw all your posts seems like you are in the know. i have got to see alot of stuff through my work. i dont know if you have heard of unity temple on the plaza? there is a cool cold war bunker under it. there are still supplies food and water in od green cans.

i never heard of the 8th street tunnel. i may go after it next weekend.

today i went to the opening of the nelson atkins i thought i might be able to nose around and find some off limits areas but they have everything locked down tight. well i guess that figures
pbr street gang
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

KansasCity
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

Post by KansasCity »

Boy, everybody wants to ge into the 8th street tunnel. Just so you know, the chances of getting in are slim. They do offer tours though, so if you can get ahold of them, you should be able to set something up. Though I doubt they allow you into the lower section...
I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition is to eat, drink, and be Mary.

Aka Gringo Loco on KcUrbex.org and UER
pbr street gang
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

yea i have been searching the tunnel out on the web. its my understanding the place to set the tour up is at 8th and penn
ze_beeved
Resident Mechanical God
Resident Mechanical God

Post by ze_beeved »

I was under the impression the missile battery in leavenworth was a no go. Is there anyone there? I mean is it owned/occupied by any sorts of businesses or anything?
I don't know where to start.....
pbr street gang
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

the sites are still owned and on the military base property. in the 80s freakin wierd ass kids did some crazy stuff up there. the last time i was there some of the buildings and 2 of the turrets had been dismantled. nikes are anti aircraft missles that rotate on round tracks or rails. i dont believe the other site was ever a nike site. but i havenet been there only seen the elevator movies. that elevator would have had little or nothing to do with nike missle systems. i could be wrong or there may be different types of nikes? all i know is that there had originally been a guard shack and gate all the control buildings and 3 round rail systems on elevated concrete pads

it is actually easier to get to now as the county widened the road. it use to be like a 2 mile walk from inside the base, now you can access it off the road that skirts the base.

i lived on the base back in the 80s. if the bank type vault is still there that would be the location of the odd activities.

source -http://ed-thelen.org/loc-k.html#KC-80
Last edited by pbr street gang on Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pbr street gang
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

hhmmm i have been looking at photos and it seems that there are varied methods of construction ??

this looks like the platforms at leavenworth

http://www.vtunderground.com/other/nike7.jpg
pbr street gang
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

ze_beeved
Resident Mechanical God
Resident Mechanical God

Post by ze_beeved »

the missiles rode up the elevators and they were designed to take out nuke carrying planes. There were 2 sites for each installation. The one that was basically the control center and then the launch site. Usually less than half a mile from each other. They would be designated in this case as KC-80C and KC-80L. I've got coordinates at home for all 4 nike missile setups around KC.
I don't know where to start.....