2011 FLORA, KC

Urban exploration in Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

2011 FLORA, KC

Post by David Keetz »

Has anybody explored this building inside?....(the old brick one with bars on the windows)...does anybody have any history of it...what was it?
Pyrate
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: 2011 FLORA, KC

Post by Pyrate »

Hm. Never been. Sounds a bit like it might be in a bad part of town. I'll try and convince a friend to scout it with me during the day.
Next time out sea bring enough soil to bury me, for I don't want my final jig in the belly of a squid.
thetrio
Whiskey Tango
Whiskey Tango

Post by thetrio »

Looks like it isnt to far from 18th and Vine, Not the best part of town but it could be worse.
I went over to the dark side, but just to pick up a few things.
Pyrate
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Pyrate »

When I checked it on a map the fact that it was so close to Prospect... or maybe it was the Paseo... caught my eye. Either way, I wouldn't be too comfortable going at night. The worse the neighbourhood, the more seriously they take trespassing and sneaking around and all that.
Next time out sea bring enough soil to bury me, for I don't want my final jig in the belly of a squid.
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

LINK!

Oh snap! I have been in there. YouthSonic, LostLenore, PAWolf, Slim Jim, Khaos, Matt, and I explored that place a long time ago... last November to be exact. Interesting place. We couldn't really figure out what it was used for. Well, that was the east section of the building. The south side (edit: the one with the bars) however looked pretty cool. It was a Police department. We walked a little inside before hearing some near by stray dogs. We could hear them barkign outside everytime we passed a certain point in the building, so we decided it best not to explore further. The stairs to the second floor are completely rotted out unfortunately; it may be hard to get in. But the station is complete with a jail cell as well.

I'd like to go back sometime.
We might die from medication
But we sure killed all the pain ~ Conor Oberst
Pyrate
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Pyrate »

Oooh, that sounds awesome. I've been to the old jail downtown, I doubt they're terribly similar, but this sounds pretty interesting, and the second story has to be reachable somehow. I wonder what sort of stuff is up there...
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

i was there in november...how did you guys get in?...when i was there, every single board was screwed shut...with LOTS of screws...

the best way i could find in was through the second story window above the front door.
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

Yeah, I haven't been by the place since. Maybe that was October. We seriously were able to just climb through a busted 1st story window. Piece of cake. Jeeze, if it's boarded up, I'll be kicking myself for not taking my chances.
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

it is totally boarded up now...

sad...

but....

you can still get into the old public works buildings across the lot via the gaping hole in the first floor
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

Argh, thats extremely dissapointing. I guess it was a good thing we saw what we did.