Trinity Lutheran Hospital

Urban exploration in Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas
Aran
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Trinity Lutheran Hospital

Post by Aran »

This hospital closed in 2001 and has been abandoned ever since. Supposedly it was a really intact spot that local explorers kept a close secret for years, but over the following two decades word got out and it was completely trashed. Despite that (or perhaps because of it), Trinity became a classic KC starter spot for many years and often served as an introductory location for a lot of new explorers.

Devilon, Last Rights, Big Bird, Unk0wn, and I met up and explored Trinity back in early July. I'm just now getting around to editing my pics from that time period so I figured I might as well throw them in here. The radiology department was completely blocked off by piles of rubble up to the ceiling, though the morgue was still accessible. Demolition has advanced considerably since then, and now about a quarter of the hospital is gone with the rest soon to follow.

We finished exploring this one pretty close to sundown and encountered two separate squatters and their dogs sneaking in for the night as we were on our way out.

I found three dollars right next to a pile of used needles. Who said urbex couldn't be profitable?

Devilon and Last Rights on the roof. If you look carefully, you can see Unk0wn half-hidden behind a pole in the far back left.

One of the many hospital rooms for patients. Believe it or not, this one was in far better condition than most.

A shot of one of the hospital wards with a nurse's station in the foreground.

We encountered a group of four teenagers looking for a lost wallet in one of the staircases. Given how many squatters, scrappers, explorers, and taggers frequent this hospital, I'd be surprised if they ever found it.

Most of the building was completely stripped bare of anything of value- even the drywall was torn down on the off chance there might be a few scraps of copper behind it.

The morgue was still relatively intact, though it took a bit of searching to find. The layout of the basement is somewhat tricky, not at all helped by the ceiling-high piles of rubble blocking certain sections.
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Re: Trinity Lutheran Hospital

Post by mindwaave »

Nice shots!
Preservation over plunder.