Sauer Castle

Urban exploration in Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas
GHL
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Sauer Castle

Post by GHL »

If this has been posted or discussed before, my apology.

I don't know much about this location other than what I've heard from a guy I know who lives in the same area as this mansion. Apparently it is privately owned, but uninhabited. I've heard that the interior is really impressive.

The downside to this location is that it is in a neighborhood, which obviously increases risk. I also do not know how secure it is in terms of locks, windows, etc.

I think with a proper recon of the area it would certainly be possible to get to the building undetected.

Anyway, here is a picture and there are plenty of other sites if you do a search.

http://members.cox.net/ksregphotos/Sauer_Castle.html
GHL
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Sauer Castle

Post by GHL »

Ok, I should have used the Search function first. Disregard and delete.
Barracuda
Saucy
Saucy

Post by Barracuda »

There's a search function on here?

That looks pretty cool! I wanna go!
"Now, get your hand back on your penis and resume jerking." -Fiti
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

I want to own it! BTW that's nothing like a castle. It's Italian Renisance Victorian.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
kcx
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by kcx »

I have personaly been there on a halloween night with a group of several friends... the house was lit up and there were dogs chained in the front yard.... we wernt sure if there was someone there or if the dogs were to scare people off... we visited because its suposed to be "Haunted" or something to that extent.. we found a gate that was unlocked and just walked into the property but never got close enough to the home to get a good look. plus it was dark and we had no equipment. police showed up when some kids jumped the fence in front which is right accross the street from homes... the neighbor that is also within the same fence as the castle were home and came out to talk with the police and i believe that they take care and look out for the home... i would love to see inside tho!!!
kcx
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by kcx »

I have personaly been there on a halloween night with a group of several friends... the house was lit up and there were dogs chained in the front yard.... we wernt sure if there was someone there or if the dogs were to scare people off... we visited because its suposed to be "Haunted" or something to that extent.. we found a gate that was unlocked and just walked into the property but never got close enough to the home to get a good look. plus it was dark and we had no equipment. police showed up when some kids jumped the fence in front which is right accross the street from homes... the neighbor that is also within the same fence as the castle were home and came out to talk with the police and i believe that they take care and look out for the home... i would love to see inside tho!!!
Watcher
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Re: Sauer Castle

Post by Watcher »

It is listed in the National Directory of Haunted Places. That's about all I know about it, really. Never even seen the place personally.
"Oh, poor Watcher. Did your life flash before your eyes? Cuppa tea, cuppa tea, almost got shagged, cuppa tea..."
- Spike, "BTVS"