Springfield Area first time UE

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
Xodious
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Springfield Area first time UE

Post by Xodious »

So me and a friend of mine are going Urban Exploring sometime in the very near future for the first time. Question is: where? And what do we need to bring? Right now we have 2 gas masks (with spare filters), 2 flashlights, a gps, Our cellphones, and If needed, I have a pocket knife.

So any suggestions where we can go? or what more we may need to bring?
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Springfield Area first time UE

Post by RedRook »

It depends on what you are looking for. Are you looking for old foundations, inside an abandoned building, or into a tunnel? I'm not sure if a gas mask is going to do you any good. The key concern is if you have enough oxygen, and if you don't, a gas mask isn't going to help you with that. No one is going to be using CS gas on you.

If you are going to be in the woods, I highly recommend that you wear long pants even if it is hot. You'll get less poison ivy and ticks. Make sure you check for ticks the day after you go. The chance of getting severely sick from a tick is supposed to jump up to 20% after the first 24 hours. If you let me know more about what you hope to find, I have a few suggestions that I can PM you. Others on here probably have more.
Xodious
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Xodious »

Well ive been informed now that our masks may not be safe. they are old (Czechoslovakian gas masks from the 1960's) and were made to block out tear gas. While we believe that it could still block out asbestos, were not 100% sure and dont want to risk that.

So what im trying to suggest is somewhere safe and most preferably legal (I know places like Winkoa Lounge are privately owned now and its considered trespassing to be there. We also dont really plan on going out into the woods. we were thinking something like a tunnel or, when we were 100% sure our masks were safe, a abandoned building.
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: Springfield Area first time UE

Post by BagHead727 »

Unless you're trying to look like a potential terrorist, ditch the gas masks and buy a 20 pack of disposable particulate filters for $10 if you're that cautious.
aka "That Guy"
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

Unless you're trying to look like a potential terrorist, ditch the gas masks and buy a 20 pack of disposable particulate filters for $10 if you're that cautious.
aka "That Guy"
Xodious
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Xodious »

So me and my friend have decided to check out Jordan Valley Tunnel but while hes out and about, im sitting here at home doing research and one of the first things that comes to mind: Where the hell is this place?

I cant seem to pinpoint its location or any enterances in my research.

Besides that: Got anything interesting to tell about the tunnel?
Rimann
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Rimann »

If you are willing to meet me I will take you to Jordan valley tunnel. I live down by it
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Re: RE: Springfield Area first time UE

Post by BROUSER »

Rimann wrote:If you are willing to meet me I will take you to Jordan valley tunnel. I live down by it
Vampire troll!
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
Rimann
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: Springfield Area first time UE

Post by Rimann »

BROUSER wrote:
Rimann wrote:If you are willing to meet me I will take you to Jordan valley tunnel. I live down by it
Vampire troll!
I said I live by it.... Not in it
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Sure, sure..."Come into my parlor, said the spider to the fly." If I find wizened husks of first time UEr's next time I'm in the tunnel, I'll...probably not go in the tunnel again.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
stryker411
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by stryker411 »

Man i am free tomarrow i know the tunnel very well every inch lol
stryker411
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by stryker411 »

be more than happy to take u though a tour i voulinter though the watershed commity