Gravitational Anomaly in Jordan Creek?!

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
ASK
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Gravitational Anomaly in Jordan Creek?!

Post by ASK »

We must be sitting on a vortex haha!
DuctTapeMessiah
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Gravitational Anomaly in Jordan Creek?!

Post by DuctTapeMessiah »

CRAZY. I will have to go investigate. Slightly new to posting on this page. I've recieved a lot of private messages (thanks for the welcoming every1).
Anyways back on topic. I have a 1080p waterproof GoPro that I wear in the tunnels w/ a wrist attachment, using a 350 yard maglite for being able to see anywhere I want. My movies always come out top notch w/ it. (Also my Android has a 720p vid/1080p pic).
I'll let you know if I have any trouble finding it based off description.

QUESTION: Admins and Long-time members: My YouTube has around 20,000 views. Would you prefer I keep these vids set to private where you can only watch if you have the direct link?
DeathByMoth
BANNED
BANNED

Post by DeathByMoth »

So, D.T.M., you should totally go film that, it would prompt a lot of other people to go check that shit out as well. Apparently, this sort of phenomena is fairly common, likely caused by a strong flowing source that is significantly up-hill from where the water runs up-hill. It's known to happen for short distances, under the right conditions.

So it could be that or an optical illusion, albeit a very convincing one. Regardless, a quality video would help prompt more discussion and investigation. I hope to see something soon, D.T.M.
- Y U NO LIKE RANDY?!?!
sneaky1
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by sneaky1 »

I still don't understand how you know its flowing uphill when you've crawled 30 minutes through an underground tunnel, how did you decide which direction is really up? Its not like you can stand up and judge from a sense of balance, or compare it to the horizon. How bout somebody takes a level with them to verify the direction of the slope before we start alerting the press of a star gate located in a storm drain. Everything I'm reading suggests the tunnel you're crawling through has been going significantly uphill, and the one connecting to it nearly levels out, giving the illusion that it's downhill compared to the other one. Water can't flow uphill...let's be logical people.
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Post by GlassCurtain »

I'll bet it's just an optical illusion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v2xnl6LwJE

#OccamsRazor
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

DeathByMoth wrote:A gravity or magnetic hill is a place where a slight downhill slope appears to be an uphill slope due to the layout of the surrounding land, creating the optical illusion that water flows uphill or a car left out of gear will roll uphill, among others. Many of these sites have no specific name and are instead often simply referred to as 'Gravity Hill' or 'Magnetic Hill'
Just in case you're not trolling and actually believe that water is flowing uphill, then this is the answer. It's an optical illusion. The momentum/surface tension theories just don't work.
DeathByMoth
BANNED
BANNED

Post by DeathByMoth »

I agree, it's probably an optical illusion. That said, water does flow short distances up-hill, given the right circumstances, in nature. We went back last night, and Veruth seemed to think it was an illusion. The tunnel leading in doesn't go significantly up-hill, so it's not that cut-and dried. My brother was pretty impressed, but he can be a dumbass at times, like myself. I may have posted too soon...

Regardless, the illusion is fairly convincing, and it may be moving up-hill, again this is something that occurs in nature. Whatever it is happening, it's very strange, and worth seeing.
- Y U NO LIKE RANDY?!?!
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

Post by liesreality »

I imagine it is an optical illusion, but its worth seeing.
The Count
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by The Count »

sneaky1 wrote:I still don't understand how you know its flowing uphill when you've crawled 30 minutes through an underground tunnel, how did you decide which direction is really up? Its not like you can stand up and judge from a sense of balance, or compare it to the horizon. How bout somebody takes a level with them to verify the direction of the slope before we start alerting the press of a star gate located in a storm drain. Everything I'm reading suggests the tunnel you're crawling through has been going significantly uphill, and the one connecting to it nearly levels out, giving the illusion that it's downhill compared to the other one. Water can't flow uphill...let's be logical people.
Exactly, I'm thinkin that the room was angled and your perception that the room was level made the tunnel look like it went up, If the room is on a say 9 degree angle and the tunnel is on a 8 degree 'incline' from the room its still flowing 1 degree downwards. Take a level and check out the room, then check out the tunnel

And someone please explain to me how the fuck that thing works in that video. :/
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

Kit wrote:I am old
Freak
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by Freak »

What, DeathbyMoth trolling? No way!

crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

Death ~City~ Moth

:lol:
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Oh how I have missed your comics Freak.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

bahahahahahahahaha
Kit wrote:I am old
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

Post by liesreality »

DuctTapeMessiah wrote: I will have to go investigate. Slightly new to posting on this page. I have a 1080p waterproof GoPro that I wear in the tunnels w/ a wrist attachment, using a 350 yard maglite for being able to see anywhere I want. I'll let you know if I have any trouble finding it based off description.
So out of curiosity did you get a chance to capture the area with better picture quality?