Albino farm status?

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
Jermy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Albino farm status?

Post by Jermy »

same here dude
....i was in a cave...(i saw a boomeragne getting larger then it hit me)
WitchyWoman
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by WitchyWoman »

I think it would be a lot of fun to go grave hunting and EVP recording. Maybe we could get a few people here to agree to meet up somewhere. And go as a group. Since we don't actually know eachother, it would be best if at least 4 people were going. Not that I don't trust anyone, but we're talking about meeting strangers and going out wandering in the woods. Someone should keep track of who all wants to go and figure out a place to meet. I'm kinda new here, so I don't really know that many places. Also, we need to narrow down a when. I agree after spring break. I think we want to go grave hunting while we still have some light. But I think that EVP recording works best in the dark, so like 5pm is a good time to start grave hunting, by like 6:30 would be a good time to start the EVP recording. I'm totally down for that. I'm guessing that everyone here is familiar with EVP recording? If there is someone that is not, I think the best place to listen to them is: http://www.ghostpix.com/gis/E.V.P.html
Let me know what y'all decide, okay?
"It's not having what you want it's wanting what you've got"
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Post by Mindscape »

I used to live out near there. Oddly enough, my forestry class used to do tree cruising (practicing forestry techniques involving lumber and tree types) and soil work out there. Nice place. There's a persimmon tree on a slight bluff that's got some really nice fruit. We fed a not-quite-ripe one to the class jerk and watched him pucker.

Something occurs to me... I have an old soil survey book, round about '96 or '97, somewhere either here in Joplin or in storage in Springfield. I could pass it off to Willard if somebody thinks they can use it. It mostly covers Greene county, plus I think one southwest (never was good at remembering county names), maybe two.

Looking at the changes in soil types might help you guys, plus it's all aerial photography, so if you want to track down roads and things, it could be a help.
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: Albino farm status?

Post by White Rabbit »

Mindscape wrote:Something occurs to me... I have an old soil survey book, round about '96 or '97, somewhere either here in Joplin or in storage in Springfield. I could pass it off to Willard if somebody thinks they can use it. It mostly covers Greene county, plus I think one southwest (never was good at remembering county names), maybe two.
If it's a map, he'll be into it :P
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Post by Mindscape »

I know. He's a friend of mine.
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

when it gets warmer i would love to go out there and try to get some EVPs
Kit wrote:I am old
Jermy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Jermy »

man it would be pritti cool to get a ocuple ghost on cams or so-mething :x
....i was in a cave...(i saw a boomeragne getting larger then it hit me)
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

when it gets warmer i would love to go out there and try to get some EVPs
Yea, don't go out there when it's below freezing. I've done that and I dont' know what it is about the cold but when your cell phone goes off *extremely loud* in the middle of woods, it's just spookier.
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

and you already have the shivers
Kit wrote:I am old
crowe
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Albino farm status?

Post by crowe »

anyone been out here since the last post?

i'm curious. i meant to go out there not too long ago, but with work and all, it's been difficult.

if anyone wants to take a look around with me the next time i go, let me know here. i work Monday through Thursday, so good days to go would be Friday, Saturday and possibly Sunday. Sundays' are always good days to go.

ALSO, if anyone's serious about the "ghost hunting" out there, i'm up for that as well. that's what i used to do out there almost every weekend when i was still in high school. i believe my friend i went with still has all her tapes and photos of that time. :)
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

I noticed a website once that had pictures of some sort of cemetary out there, but noone seems to know anything about that... there could be an expedition to go looking for that...
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

That stupid cemetery! I've tried finding it and had no luck. Maybe I just didn't go far enough on the trail or it's been built over. However, I wouldn't mind going back out there sometime to look some more. Well after I get over my sunburn.
crowe
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Re: RE: Albino farm status?

Post by crowe »

Anne wrote:That stupid cemetery! I've tried finding it and had no luck. Maybe I just didn't go far enough on the trail or it's been built over. However, I wouldn't mind going back out there sometime to look some more. Well after I get over my sunburn.
that would be awesome. believe it or not, i never knew there was a cemetary somewhere on the land, so i never looked for it.

i'd love to give it a hunt.
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

Supposedly there is. None of us have ever found it, but there's some website that claims there is. No directions though. Maybe I should email the webmaster of that and ask...
Or do the more fun thing and go on a search. :) I'm free pretty much all this week and weekend.
crowe
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by crowe »

i don't work Friday, Saturday or Sunday, if you wanted to plan something.

i'd love to go back out there.