Haunted Hitchcock House

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
jessmister2006
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Haunted Hitchcock House

Post by jessmister2006 »

North of Springfield near where I live there is a house that I, and many of the people that live around the area consider to be haunted. As the story goes, VERY consitent between people telling it, A lady named Sandra Hitchcock lived alone in the house from 1930 to 1950. She was a hermit-style person who gardened for her food and would rarely ever be seen anywhere. It is said that she was always at home and lamps were ALWAYS on in the house. They say that the Dallas Co. Sheriff in 1950 had found her in her house almost completely decayed still sitting in her chair on the back porch which meant she would have been dead for at least 4-5 months. My friends and I have went to the house after dark and heard really creepy sounds coming from under the house which when looked under with a flashlight appears to have 2 gravesites under it. That was the only time we went, got chills and the total creeps and we won't go back. I would be glad to show the house to anyone interested in checking it out.
Where there is determination, there is always success!
graffitifetish
Miss Silver Lining
Miss Silver Lining

RE: Haunted Hitchcock House

Post by graffitifetish »

I'm always interested in creepy things.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

PM me the address...
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
jessmister2006
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Haunted Hitchcock House

Post by jessmister2006 »

Really there is no address to the place. It's 30 miles north of springfield off of H Highway. If you want more detailed directions PM me and i'll send them to you.
cboyz22
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by cboyz22 »

H Hwy. Is the house near Windeyville?
jessmister2006
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by jessmister2006 »

Kindof near windyville but before you get to K off of Hwy 32
jessmister2006
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by jessmister2006 »

Since so many of you want directions to this place i'm just gonna post them here.

Headed north out of springfield on Highway 65 go into Buffalo (32 miles). Turn right on Highway 32 that the stop light at mcdonalds. go about 4 miles until you see H highway (the corner bar is on the corner hmmmm) turn right. go about 2 miles until you see Chicago Road. Turn left go to the first road to the right (Falling Rock) stay on that road until you come to a corner that has been repaired with gravel. it's a left hand curve. if you look up the hill right on that curve you will see the house through the tree's. If you PM me when you want to come i'll show you where the house is exactly, but if it's after dark, which is when the shit goes all wrong at the house, i WONT go near it. so come during day of you want me to show you. Later
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

Post by Underdog »

jessmister2006 wrote:Since so many of you want directions to this place i'm just gonna post them here.

Headed north out of springfield on Highway 65 go into Buffalo (32 miles). Turn right on Highway 32 that the stop light at mcdonalds. go about 4 miles until you see H highway (the corner bar is on the corner hmmmm) turn right. go about 2 miles until you see Chicago Road. Turn left go to the first road to the right (Falling Rock) stay on that road until you come to a corner that has been repaired with gravel. it's a left hand curve. if you look up the hill right on that curve you will see the house through the tree's. If you PM me when you want to come i'll show you where the house is exactly, but if it's after dark, which is when the shit goes all wrong at the house, i WONT go near it. so come during day of you want me to show you. Later

Hey Willard, you wanna take a trip?
"I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life." -Jack Bauer
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

If it's at night, I'll drive.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Underdog wrote: Hey Willard, you wanna take a trip?
When exactly?
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
crowe
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by crowe »

oh wow. i've heard of this place, but never knew where it was at.

thanks for the info!
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

Post by Underdog »

Is it abandon or do people actually live there?
"I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life." -Jack Bauer
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Suggestion: If you plan on going, go at least once during the day time for a scouting trip. We never found it looking at night. But there were some real interesting mobile homes would look right at home in a movie called "Night of the Living White Trash." And a bizarre little compound of small "houses" on a circle drive that may or may not have been some sort of extremist/hate group village.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Post by GlassCurtain »

Are you guys going to go again? If so I'm down with going.
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

Post by Underdog »

jessmister2006's directions sucked ass. We looked forever for that house.