Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Post by Mindscape »

The arcade downtown, 1984... is it still open? Where is it, if so? Chances are good we'll be up there this weekend, and I'd like to go sometime.
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Re: 1984

Post by Sertile »

1984 is across the street from the Springfield YMCA, or catty-corner from the MSU Art and Design Gallery, if you prefer. I don't recall a street name, but if you can find either one of these places, you've found 1984. There are big green numbers in the windows "1 9 8 4." It's pretty noticeable.

They were still remodelling the building back behind '84. I went through and explored it the last time I was there. They're turning it into fancy apartments, with some stores on the ground floor. It's probably done now, though.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

RE: 1984

Post by Willard »

1984 is still open. They are in the old State Hotel which sits at Walnut and Jefferson and 1984 faces Jefferson. The hours are 4pm to 11pm Wednesday thourgh Saturday (Unless they've changed those). And it's $5 per person for all the games you can play in the 7 hour time period.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

RE: 1984

Post by Underdog »

Yeah, amazingly they're still open. I hope they get enough business to turn out hookers...I mean a profit.
"I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life." -Jack Bauer