Active Satanic Commune

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
theway___wegetby
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Active Satanic Commune

Post by theway___wegetby »

My parents have a farm out in Marionville, and one day when i was just driving around I found this weird-ass thing...

There's a house, very low to the ground, black with a bright red door. On top is a wrought-iron dragon weathervane; in the yard is a wrought-iron skull and crossbones. Yes, you read that right.

To the left is a village-type thing, all of these weird little bunks made of aluminum siding. there's a sort of hedge blocking the initial view but if you drive past it you can see all of these WEIRD houses. all the cars are white with the exception of this red dump truck. Sometimes you can see people walking around.

If you drive around the side, you'll see a weird hill with a crescent top. during the summer, you can see a granite "altar". you'll also see more wrought-iron dragons and a huge pond/small lake with canals and an island...

It's freaky! Has anyone ever heard of this place!? I go look at it all the time but i'm scared to explore it since people obviously live there.

Let me know if you know anything.
"Well-behaved women rarely make history."
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

"Insane people are always sure that they are fine. It is only the sane people who are willing to admit that they are crazy."
-Nora Ephron
Johnson
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Active Satanic Commune

Post by Johnson »

Lets all show up in some devil costumes one night with some fire works for added effect.
theway___wegetby
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Johnson wrote:Lets all show up in some devil costumes one night with some fire works for added effect.

That's funny, most people i know who like "urban exploring" and such think this place is just as creepy.
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

"Insane people are always sure that they are fine. It is only the sane people who are willing to admit that they are crazy."
-Nora Ephron
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Where exactly is it from Marionville or 60? I'm curious, now, since I did most of my growing up in Billings.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
theway___wegetby
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Active Satanic Commune

it's kind of by McKinley...it's off 60 by about 5 or 10 miles. If you want directions, let me know.
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

-Nora Ephron
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

I do. Which way from McKinley? Follow 14 on around from McKinley?
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

I dunno... I've got to take this with a grain of salt. Every single "Satanic Church" I've ever checked out was lame. Besides, just having weird buildings and cars alone hardly qualifies a place as Satanic. I'm certainly interested, but am fully expecting to be disappointed (again).
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Post by dawgchain »

Got family up around there, who travel..."questionable"... circles. I will find out what I can.

I find it hard to believe that something large enough to be considered a granite altar would be moved for any reason. something that big I would leave thbe hell in place.
----------This space for rent----------
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Okay, not that I don't believe you (I'm sure you have seen this place, and that it does exist), but I SERIOUSLY doubt that these are actual "Satanists" we're dealing with. Matter of fact, they'd probably be really nice if you just parked your car, got out, and introduced yourself. Just let them know you're curious about the village and what they do there, and odds are they'll be more than happy to show you around.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

My guess is Apple Butter Pagans, that worship at the altar of Macintosh, and his lovely wife, Granny Smith. Once a year, at the vernal equinox, they manifest as giant white squirrels and each woman present who wishes can guarantee a pregnancy in the coming year by touching their tails. And if that isn't the case, then dammit, it needs to be.
― Ken Ham
Hiccup
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Hiccup »

oo! oo! can i be a white squirrel minus the pregnancy part?? :mrgreen:
theway___wegetby
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Sertile wrote:Okay, not that I don't believe you (I'm sure you have seen this place, and that it does exist), but I SERIOUSLY doubt that these are actual "Satanists" we're dealing with. Matter of fact, they'd probably be really nice if you just parked your car, got out, and introduced yourself. Just let them know you're curious about the village and what they do there, and odds are they'll be more than happy to show you around.
you're probably right. but to the locals who are bible-thumping pregnant white squirrels (lol) this is the name they called it. i asked someone at the gas station about it and all they could spit out was something about jesus and burning crosses. it is a little..out of place, i guess, but it's very interesting at the least, and i'd love to hear what other people think of it.

directions:

Take 60 out to marionville. keep going straight until you pass a sonic, there will be a Casey's on the right a little bit. Take that for a long time, past the library and Honey Creek development, the road will curve a few times. You'll come to a four-way stop after all the curving, and you'll see Farm Road 1232. take this past the trailers and all the way down to the end of farm road 1232. Make a left and take this for a while. You'll see the house or commune or whatever the hell (pun intended) within 4 or 5 minutes. It's a black house low to the ground with a red door. You'll have to turn around like you're going back, then make a right to see the pond and such.

If it's not something weird, it's interesting architecture and talk-worthy. definitely worth seeing.

Let me know what you think! If you get lost, call me @ 860-9226. If i don't pick up, that means i'm either @ school or @ work. from there you can just text me if i dont pick up.

-Ari

p.s. MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU GO DURING THE DAY...you won't see anything at night.
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

-Nora Ephron
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Post by Chris »

This it?

theway___wegetby
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

whoa..i think so!!! The area is called polk spring? okay because the area where my parents farm is is called "buck prairie"
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

-Nora Ephron
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

I grew up in that area, too, and there's a pretty big Mennonite population that lives out in the country in Marionville. (I think they're Mennonite, anyway, or something very similar.) Maybe something to do with that?