Dives

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

Dives

Post by Underdog »

My friend and I were talking about some really great dives around springfield. Dives are these little hole-in-the-wall places that are usually open 24 hours, serve only food that will clog everything in you, and usually have at least one coachroach on the floor.

The dive I'm partial to in springfield is called Montgomery's Truck Stop although its really not a truck stop anymore. The only sign it has visible says, "The Restraunt" so thats what most people know it as. It's on north glenstone so if your ever in the mood for good greasy food stop by there. St. Georges is another that comes to mind. Can you think of any others?
"I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life." -Jack Bauer
TurBOXER
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Dives

Post by TurBOXER »

Pappy's or something like that on Main ST. off chesnut. by fast and friendly
Canon Power Shot S215
~Evan~
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Re: Dives

Post by dawgchain »

I beliieve it is called "The Cafe"

Just west of Kasas on college.
----------This space for rent----------
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Caspers and WF Cody's. Both major dives, both have awesome burgers.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

dawgchain wrote:I beliieve it is called "The Cafe"

Just west of Kasas on college.
I believe your refering to "College St. Cafe"

How about Taylor's over at Trafficway and Kimbrough by the bridge across the street from the American Legion Post, catty corner from the back of the Shrine Mosque, and across the street from the old Fire Station No. 1 Also there's an awsome and cheap ass breakfast place in the Woodruff building at St. Louis and Jefferson.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Nodus
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Nodus »

Is Taylor's still open...? I loved that place way back, but it's looked deserted for the past few years.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Taylors is definatly open and still doing great business. The food is still good too!
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Oh, crap I can't think of it. It's over by Kerr McGee. Drivethru, car theme. Greasiest cheeseburgers in town. Not open 24 hours. Car theme, 50's. Going west on division, west of kansas, but before you go under the tracks again. Huge helping of tots.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
SandMan
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by SandMan »

Your calling Taylers a dive?
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Taylor's hamburgers make me puke. I'm also disgusted by their retarded campaign against Jordan Valley Park, as if having a park a block away is going to prevent people from being hungry.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Post by dawgchain »

BROUSER wrote:Oh, crap I can't think of it. It's over by Kerr McGee. Drivethru, car theme. Greasiest cheeseburgers in town. Not open 24 hours. Car theme, 50's. Going west on division, west of kansas, but before you go under the tracks again. Huge helping of tots.
I know this one, you're talking about "Vaughns Drive-in"

Well that was the old name, I believe they chaged it recently. God I miss that place, I need to get back there soon.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Okay, I was meaning to ask somebody about this - is Vaughn's Drive-In EVER open? I must have gone there 5 or 6 times last year, at all different times of the year, and all different days and times, and it was never open. They even had a sign up for a while that was something like "reopening in May" or whatever. I came back after the "reopening" and it still wasn't open.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

YES, that was it. I haven't been there in a couple of years.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Post by dawgchain »

haven't been in a few years, I'll hafta swing by and see what I can figure out.
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

Post by Underdog »

Everyone knows the best dive is Hiccup's apartment. I mean she has like four cats and a water bed in the living room! :lol: :lol: :lol:

If all the cats decided to jump on the water bed with their claws out it could spell bad news for Hiccup.
"I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life." -Jack Bauer